Cannondale Moterra 1,2,3 and SE

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Nothing left to upgrade on my mottera Nero 3 now
This was my first MTB so i wasnt 100% on what i was buying at the time .
I have since spent a fortune on upgrades lol .
My friends have been in to MTB for years and taken me on some sketchy rides , downhill was not what i had in mind when i brought this bike but i now have the bug .
Bike park wales , HOD and Jacobs ladder in the first 6 months of riding , Tarland and Laggan in 2 weeks time , bike park wales and HOD at the end of the month.
I have fallen off a lot and ended up in AnE last month with a suspected broken neck lol , but im still made for it .
ive also lost 2 stone on this cheating Ebike HA .
This bike give me the confidence to try any trails

Upgrades are

2023 Zeb ultimate 170mm
2023 super deluxe ultimate 230x60. I have removed the 5mm stroke spacer and installed a 2.5mm one from the shock so it's now 230x62.5 giving 165mm actual travel at the rear.
Magura mt7 pro with MDR-P 220 rotors front and rear
SRAM GX eagle AXS
`Rockshox AXS reverb dropper
Mavic E deemax wheels, Maxxis Assegai DD maxgrip rear,Maxxis Assegai exo plus maxgrip front ,i run 28 psi rear and 26 front .
780mm carbon bars and 35mm stem .
Burgtech E bike steel chainring and KMC E12 chain
Fizik Aidon x1 saddle

Last edited:

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Just curious... My moterra neo 2 came standard with 160mm rear travel and a 230x65 shock. How did you get 170mm using the same shock size? I thought moterra neo's have the same geometry.
I removed the 5mm stroke spacer from inside the shock.
When i accually measered travel i was getting closer to 180. So I have fitted a 2.5mm strock spacer backing in, giving 165mm

Last edited:

scrufy

Jan 29, 2024
So Cal
Ha I got the Carbon 1 and I still see lots to upgrade!
Cassette, chainring, cranks, levers, hubs/wheels... and on it goes.
I do like the feel of the Lyrik but might upgrade to ultimate. I think I just need the Rc3 cartridge but may be wrong.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles