Cannock Chase tomorrow morning 30/05/22

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Was going to put it out there but have tested +ve for Covid so guess it's Billy NoMates again {sigh} 🤧

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Take it really easy, lots of emerging evidence that Covid + exercise is bad. There was an article in the BMJ January which was a good starting point if you don't want to take a stranger on the internet's word.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Take it really easy, lots of emerging evidence that Covid + exercise is bad. There was an article in the BMJ January which was a good starting point if you don't want to take a stranger on the internet's word.
Many thanks for that - did my weekly road bike 15 mile sprint yesterday. Time was seconds short of best ( head wind) and no obvs side effects.
First visit to Cannock so was planning on taking it easy anyways - familiarisation run. I'll let the battery take the strain. Obviously depends how i'm feeling when i wake tomorrow too - have to say, not feeling any energy sapping effects yet. But will definitely take note - thanks again 👍

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Whilst perusing the BMJ for said info, came across this headline :-
" Physical inactivity linked to more severe COVID-19 infection and death"
:D (y) I'll be going hell for leather then!!

(disclaimer: that headline is what's known as taken out of context ;) )
.....carries on perusing....

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
This is a real bag of worms - that Long Covid is a bitch. I was worried that the false sense of security that the majority of the population seem to be experiencing due to Omicrons less severe symptoms could lead us into an even worse situation than the Delta variant due to the increased transmissibility. Apparently it would appear Long Covid may be more prevalent , for the triple jabbed, following Omicron BA.2 than Delta. (which is probably where I am - fingers crossed for no Long Covid please 🤞 )

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Whilst perusing the BMJ for said info, came across this headline :-
" Physical inactivity linked to more severe COVID-19 infection and death"
:D (y) I'll be going hell for leather then!!

(disclaimer: that headline is what's known as taken out of context ;) )
.....carries on perusing....
Haha. Yeah, this is the one I was thinking of:

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Haha. Yeah, this is the one I was thinking of:

"Borg RPE" - Resistance is futile....
Just read this at 0330hrs. Knew i should've just gone back to sleep 😂🤧😱
Very interesting and pleased to see so much work is going into understanding it.
Looks like i'm going to have no excuse for not doing the washing up... " It's part of your recovery programme dear.... "

I think a pinned link to the report should be put at the head of the forum - very useful info for everyone 🤔

G'night, sweet dreams 😴😴😴

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Well, despite covid's best efforts - lovin' it 😁👍🤧

PXL_20220602_113508687.jpg

Last edited:

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Well, that was sublime - Billy NoMates or no.
Weather was lovely, virtually no-one else there at that time in the a.m. and don't think i managed to infect anyone else ( always a bonus). Made the whole 500 mile round trip to see my mom in a nursing home worth it 😁👍

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My wife and I both got Covid within 24hrs of each other. Failed Lateral Flow test, followed by confirmed PCR test failure.
I think we dodged the bullet, because although we felt very tired and had a lot of brain fog, there were no other symptoms. We were about to go on hols, so we kept testing and as soon as we passed two LF tests in a row, we took and passed a PCR test. From start to finish, one week! No symptoms continued. I had a cough for a week, but I'm pretty sure that was hay fever from the pollen where we were on hols. Still passed the LF tests. Both of us are 70, triple jabbed.

While I had it, I sure did not feel like doing anything, let alone ride a bike! One week after passing the PCR I was on an emtb and feeling great!

My advice would be to stay mildly active, but don't overdo it (easy to do when you are having fun).

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
My wife and I both got Covid within 24hrs of each other. Failed Lateral Flow test, followed by confirmed PCR test failure.
I think we dodged the bullet, because although we felt very tired and had a lot of brain fog, there were no other symptoms. We were about to go on hols, so we kept testing and as soon as we passed two LF tests in a row, we took and passed a PCR test. From start to finish, one week! No symptoms continued. I had a cough for a week, but I'm pretty sure that was hay fever from the pollen where we were on hols. Still passed the LF tests. Both of us are 70, triple jabbed.

While I had it, I sure did not feel like doing anything, let alone ride a bike! One week after passing the PCR I was on an emtb and feeling great!

My advice would be to stay mildly active, but don't overdo it (easy to do when you are having fun).
Wouldn't have tried it on a non-emtb but didn't really notice it effort-wise with the battery 😁👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles