Fuel EXe Can the EXE be ridden with main battery out?

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
As per title. Cos i have a levo currently and have gone trips without the main battery, and just use the levo as a normal bike. A fren recently bought a EXE and says with the battery out, there is nowhere to screw back the motor.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
As per title. Cos i have a levo currently and have gone trips without the main battery, and just use the levo as a normal bike. A fren recently bought a EXE and says with the battery out, there is nowhere to screw back the motor.
Yes it can be ridden without the battery. When you take the battery out ,on the inside of the removable motor cover there is a threaded clip that you use in place of the battery to hold the motor cover in place.

Some bikes were delivered without this metal clip, so if your friend doesn't have it,he should be able to go back to trek and get one from them.

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
Yes it can be ridden without the battery. When you take the battery out ,on the inside of the removable motor cover there is a threaded clip that you use in place of the battery to hold the motor cover in place.

Some bikes were delivered without this metal clip, so if your friend doesn't have it,he should be able to go back to trek and get one from them.
thank you

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
The short answer - yes.

More detailed information in the service manual on page 20 (either open the PDF or scroll down to images)

View attachment 108342
View attachment 108343
thank you for the exerpt, i will tell my fren RTFM

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles