• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Can I upgrade?

Aug 6, 2021
Sydney, Australia
Hello,

I am currently getting my rear shock tuned (on my 2018 Merida e160 800) and I thought I may as well upgrade my fork damper at the same time.
Fork is an FS-YARI-RC-B1. - Air spring has already been upgraded to the 180mm C1 damper.

The Dilemma, will Charger 2.1 HSC-LSC (Part number: 00.4020.170.000) work in my fork? My "local" suspension tuner was concerned that given its a B1 may not work.

Can any support or deny his concerns?

Last edited:
Solution
Nevermind, the answer is you just give up and by yourself some Zebs instead. They're new old stock, but went with them because I want the option to (if I even need it) upgrade the damper in the future and they were no too badly priced.

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
I fitted a charger 2.1 to my b1 Lyrik which is almost the same fork without problems. There are plenty of them advertised for a1+ yari (2016 and later which includes yours) and that model number is one of those so I’m pretty sure you’re fine.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021
Sydney, Australia
Nevermind, the answer is you just give up and by yourself some Zebs instead. They're new old stock, but went with them because I want the option to (if I even need it) upgrade the damper in the future and they were no too badly priced.

Solution

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Go to the Rockshox spare parts catalogue for the year of your fork and look up the bits you need. They even list the upgrades available and what fits with what etc. Here is an example:

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/d...catalog/2022-rockshox-spare-parts-catalog.pdf

The link opens to the 2022 catalogue. The index on page 3 shows that the Yari section starts on page 133. The upgrade options are on page 134.

Several years ago, I used the catalogue to select the part number for my Charger 2.1 upgrade to convert my Rockshox Revelation to a Pike. The part number is essential because the written descriptions that you find on websites can be wrong, whereas the part numbers do not lie.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles