Can i fit a range extender on my scott genius 20 medium 2021 emtb

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Do you mean an e-genius 920 ?.

If so then yes. I've the same bike and theres provision for it on the up tube bosses- theres a wee plastic bit between them. I think thats removable and you feed the wire into the tube that way.

You need the additional battery but also an interface bit you bolt on first, then mount the battery to that. It recognizes both batteries are interlinked. I think it a case of you must have this part fitted. Then just a case of picking the Bosch battery size you want(300/400/500) and iftting that. From there i imaging you need it all set up by the shop to enable the dual system

Bit of info here - scroll down.

Rogers

Oct 14, 2022
England
Do you mean an e-genius 920 ?.

If so then yes. I've the same bike and theres provision for it on the up tube bosses- theres a wee plastic bit between them. I think thats removable and you feed the wire into the tube that way.

You need the additional battery but also an interface bit you bolt on first, then mount the battery to that. It recognizes both batteries are interlinked. I think it a case of you must have this part fitted. Then just a case of picking the Bosch battery size you want(300/400/500) and iftting that. From there i imaging you need it all set up by the shop to enable the dual system

Bit of info here - scroll down.
Thanks thats brilliant any idea on prices please

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Well the price on the link -49.99 euros is probably going to be about the same here in the UK, so budget 50 quid, plus whatever the shop wants to charge. If its a simple case of just initially bolting the interface on, then you can you could do that yourself, but if theres wiring to at least feed in that might be too much of a job, especially if it would then need wired direct to the system.
I've not done anything like that so i cant say exactly, you'd need to contact somewhere that has and they can give you a quote down the phone. Possibly the shop you initially got the bike from.
Looks to be about £600 for the Bosch 500w/h power pack.+ interface+fitting. I'd think you'd probably be looking at around the £750 mark, possibly a bit more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles