Can I buy a TCU Mastermind ?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I think there was a post on the forum that these can be purchased separately as an upgrade?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I think there was a post on the forum that these can be purchased separately as an upgrade?
I asked my LBS about this in December (Specialized dealer) and they said no. Would love to know if there is somewhere that you can get them though!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If Berkshire can’t get you one, no one will be able to. The link on that other thread no longer works so I dread to think how much it will cost.

EMTB!

May 22, 2020
Eagle, Idaho
I know this is an old thread, but I have one if anyone is interested.

IMG_6658.jpg

NPMMTB

Mar 12, 2024
Fife
Plus software updates which cost ££££
Was told by Berkshire it’s not possible atm
I think this is crazy and something fishy going on here because the tcd2 display was exactly the same but mounted to Handel bars was it not? At that’s compatible?

I don’t know if it’s something to do with limited supply or something,

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I think this is crazy and something fishy going on here because the tcd2 display was exactly the same but mounted to Handel bars was it not? At that’s compatible?

I don’t know if it’s something to do with limited supply or something,
All I know is when we thought my old tcu might be cooked I asked about upgrading to the mastermind and they said nope not compatible !

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I enquired about one of these when I was in my local Specialized dealer, they said they could order one in, and it would work but with the error message mentioned. They also said that Specialized wouldn’t be happy about them coding it to the bike as it wasn’t supplied with the Mastermind.

I just purchased a TCD2 in the end which gives me the extra info I wanted and without all the fuss.

Does seem silly that people can’t just upgrade their own bike though, whatever the price.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Spesh’s unofficial reply “Does seem silly that these plebs can’t just upgrade the BIKE though , whatever the price 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles