Levo Gen 3 Can’t get rid of f@&kin’ turtle

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Hi all.
So read mega thread, did a search.... one thread points towards new frames/bikes need to be firmware updated by a shop? Is this true?
I bought a Sworks levo 2022 frameset from a specialized concept store, brand new.

they put the effort in to routing the dropper and gear cable outers fr me, was initially impressed.

charging batt 1/2 full, turned it on, dead. Readthe manual again, realised that you have to charge the control unit with usb-c seperately (wtf specialized?!?) so did that.Power on. Turtle appears saying update firmware. Connected Mission Control app, updated all firmware, all completed 100%. Then errors in mission control saying reset app, if persists take to dealer, so reloaded app, reconnected to bike, no errors.

but that fcuking turtle is still there saying max 15kmph / update firmware! Checkingfirmware all is on latest version!

so cross with the store for not updating fiemware before shipping it 250 miles to me.

any ideas?

thanks so much in advance...

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Went through all this with @Renton on the mega thread. He had to go back to the dealer in the end and was a seriously unhappy customer! You’ve tried everything he did, have you got a more local dealer who can take a look at it for you?

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
Sorry to hear that! All the new bikes coming out of the box need to be updated by the shop connecting to Specialized Studio program to get ride of the Turtle! Only dealers have access to it. Mission Control does not do the trick.
It takes a few minutes only but again, only the bike shop can do it.
I hope this info helps.
Enjoy your ride.

Last edited:

MM5K

Jan 24, 2022
Bay Area
Was the dealer able to solve this for you?

I just got it as well on my KSL, which is fully up to date, has over 1000 miles on it, and was just ridden 2 days ago. I've never seen this before.

I was just adjusting some power settings in Mission Control before heading out on an early morning ride today, and this message foiled my plans. Just twiddling my thumbs now until my shop opens.

Neilbarlow87

Dec 11, 2022
Destin
New member and new to EMTB. I have a new 2022 turbo Levo carbon comp and have the same turtle message. Is there anyway to update the firmware without having to take it back to dealer? Doesn’t make a lot of sense Specialized wouldn’t allow its owners to conduct the firmware update themselves. Any suggestions?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
New member and new to EMTB. I have a new 2022 turbo Levo carbon comp and have the same turtle message. Is there anyway to update the firmware without having to take it back to dealer? Doesn’t make a lot of sense Specialized wouldn’t allow its owners to conduct the firmware update themselves. Any suggestions?
Nope. Must be connected to the Specialized computer at the shop for the initial update and check. Then when you get it working you can choose whether or not you ever go back.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles