Camping set up

D@x

Nov 2, 2021
Tucson, az
Any US based with a truck have an off grid camping set up to charge their ebikes? Looking for ideas for camping set up for the summer. I know I need an inverter and a second battery. Just want to know what others doing for off grid set ups. I have gen 3 levo and maybe another kenevo sl. Ty.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
If you're doing it by truck, maybe something like a small Honda EU10i inverter suitcase generator would suit better. Plus you can run other glamping stuff off it.

D@x

Nov 2, 2021
Tucson, az
If you're doing it by truck, maybe something like a small Honda EU10i inverter suitcase generator would suit better. Plus you can run other glamping stuff off it.
Yeah gonna cost about the same. Worried about gas consumption though.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Issues with Gennies is the noise. Personally I can't do that for 4 hours while my bike charges. I use my gennie in emergencies only.

Rob did a video on an all in one lithium system that would suit. Not cheap but no fuss, wiring etc to worry about. That's what I'd probably look at if you want it to be easy.

I did a Ford Transit conversion this year with capacity to charge two eBikes in the *gargage* at a time. I went over the top (480aH of LiPoFE4 and 600W of solar) but I wanted a week without needing a hook up.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles