Other Brose without issues? Tell us please!

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Week after week I keep reading threads and posts about riders having issues with their Brose motors.

I think it makes sense to also collect data of people NOT having issues. Because I cannot believe that majority of us faced or will face an issue with this amazing motor!

Mine is not really a good example as I don't have many km (around 200) yet but mine is a good wish :D

Who is next?

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Done 1200ml on my 2022 levo pro, no issues yet. Unlike the Comp carbon I had that went through 3 motors in a month. Don't labour it and go through the power levels in sequence rather than whacking it in turbo from standstill.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
First motor on my 2019 Levo got noisy and was replaced no-questions-asked before it died. Second motor has more than 3000 miles, including a LOT of climbing, and is working well. Warranty shouild cover me till next summer.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
Mine is Gen2 -21 Turbo Levo Comp, little over 2000km's in 1 and half years, no problems. Focus Aventura Bosch Gen4 died after 1 year and 4000km's.

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
3200k on map xc routes untouched, used all (south Uk) weather, try to avoid deep puddles and never hosed the engine(brush it with a wet cheap white bendy plastic loo brush , which is my favourite cleaning tool as it can get most places), rest of bike lightly hosed.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I did 1000 trouble free miles on my MY19 Comp beofre it was stolen ( Im hoping it blew up at 1001!). My mate has covered 2000 trouble free miles on his MY 19 base model and its still as quiet as it was new. Certainly with the earlier motors you could go almost anywhere just in TRAIL, and at a pretty low cadence, with very little effort on the pedals...and I think that may have been an opportunity for some to abuse that very willing power.

I since changed to Bosch motors but I understand from some comments I have read that the newer Brose models appear to have less power so maybe subsequent firmware "updates" muted that power? I kept my Levo on the firmware version I bought it with!

Certainly the difference with the Bosch motor ( in my experience) is that the rider has to make a bigger contribution to get the same a mount of motor power...and that encourages using a higher cadence/lower gear in most scenarios.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've got two mates who are ex-Levo owners who've both had more motors than you've had bikes... :ROFLMAO:

Joop E-Bike

Mar 2, 2020
Spain
First 1.5 year 6600 km 200.000 altitude in metres second motor still okay 1.5 year 6500 km 180,000 altitude in metres.

E335E83D-B465-4412-8C6A-91A4770862DF.jpeg

Brian O

May 8, 2022
Brevard North Carolina
Week after week I keep reading threads and posts about riders having issues with their Brose motors.

I think it makes sense to also collect data of people NOT having issues. Because I cannot believe that majority of us faced or will face an issue with this amazing motor!

Mine is not really a good example as I don't have many km (around 200) yet but mine is a good wish :D

Who is next?
I have close to 1000miles on my Brose with no issues.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Kenevo gen 2. Owned 2+ years now. No motor issues. I dont ride in the wet or winter, not to preserve the motor, but because I dont enjoy it.
Bikepark use only. Mileage, no idea. Its unlikely to be accurate anyway due to a speed delimiter.

Traveler99

Apr 30, 2020
Sammamish, WA

Who is next?
2020 Levo here with over 2,200 miles of year- round hard core use. Steep, rough mountains here in the PNW with lots of mud and moisture. I shift like I’m on an analog bike and keep my cadence high. I don’t wash it after every ride but when I do it’s with the hose and a brush, but I’m careful to avoid electrical connections and bearings. I dry it off and keep things lubed and maintained. Haven’t had any problems.

bazzer33

Jun 8, 2019
rushden northants

Who is next?
Hi all, I have a 2019 turbo Levo it is on 9000 miles now, I mainly ride in eco mode as I ride with a group of riders younger than myself so I feel I am on par with them in eco, I ride Cannock Peaks and Afan etc,I did have an issue in the first six months of ownership of water ingress from wet winter riding, but that was sorted and it has been reliable ever since I still ride through the winter and get covered in mud hopefully the bike will continue to be reliable.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
2022 Comp Alloy with zero motor issues after 5 months. I climb a lot. I'll do 30 miles and 4-5K of elevation gain on a nonstop ride.

After a lot of research I came up with these guidelines for myself.

1. Keep a 70+ cadence all the time
2. Shift - don't make the motor work because I was in the wrong gear
3. Water is evil
4. Run in ECO unless there's a good reason.
5. If in Trail or Turbo I better be pedalling hard

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles