Brose S-Mag E01680-100 vs. -200: Real Hardware updates ?

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
Hi there,

I rode my first S-mag with endnumber -200 in the Levo.
After 4 S-mags this is the first motor which is comparable silent as the previous Alloy Drive S and also has no cracking sound from the sprag bearings at the first kilometers as the others partially had.

While the Specialized naming update 2.1 to 2.2 was more marketing due to previously implemented belt, firmware and an O-Ring on the spindle outside, i'm asking if the Brose -200 series has real improvements inside like more silent gear, better sprag bearings or something ?
Perhaps @Bearing Man has already opened a -200 S-Mag ? ;)

Best regards,

Chris

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I have opened many 200 S-Mags. There are a few structural changes to the belt cover and body to try and stiffen it and stop noise from the electric motors armature, but that's about it. Sprags etc are all the same. Only other difference is a polymer drive belt. Noise can be subjective, as even the old motors had large variations in noise levels, some noisy and some silent. I hope this helps.
Peter.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Thanks 🙏
Could this new belt be an improvement regarding lifetime compared to the already "improved" actual rubber/carbonfibre belt ? Or does brose just wants to get away from greasing the squeaking thick rubber belt 😀
We'll have to wait and see :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles