Levo Gen 3 Broken Charge Port Door

kurturbolevo

Aug 10, 2021
California
Hi All. New member and new owner of a 2022 Turbo Levo Expert. My first time charging the bike, the port door broke off. There is an incredibly thin piece of plastic that attaches the door. I don't exactly know how it happened but I'm guessing the crank came down and sheered it off. Maybe as I tried to move the bike a few feet while charging. My friend has a 2022 Pro and had the same thing happen. Local bike shop said they have seen a few of these break off already. Seems like a very poor design for a rugged $10,000+ bike.

Anyone else have this issue? Should it be a warranty item? Think it's ok to ride without the cover (not in wet conditions)?

Thanks,

Kurt

Port door.jpg

NZ_Levo

Aug 9, 2021
NZ
hah...looks just like mine!!
i finished charging the bike and wheeled it forward forgetting to close the door so of course the crank took it off.
dealer is very understanding and are warrantying it.
totally my fault but worrying that its so fragile...might reinforce the new one with some duct tape along the edge.
seems - already - to be a common issue, hopefully they will redesign and replace it.

you can latch it into place and tape up the broken edge as a stopgap until your replacement arrives. i had the 2019 Levo and i actually think that even without the outer cover, the new battery connector is better than the old one.

jej737

Apr 11, 2021
USA
2022 s-works. 5h ride and about 10 miles in my door apparently opened and was immediately sheared off. Still waiting for warranty replacement.

kurturbolevo

Aug 10, 2021
California
Thanks for the responses. Makes me feel better in some strange way. My dealer submitted for a warranty replacement as well. In the meantime, I continue to ride it. Does not appear that that door keeps out any dirt or water. It is called a rock guard. The dust and waterproofing come from the seal around the actual plug cover which still works fine. Dealer agreed.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles