Broken Bottom bracket “like” crank connection on EP8 RS

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
7CA93A9F-6B99-4FA4-8FD5-F3DC0A6F3475.jpeg

Can this part be replaced? This is on an 2021 Orbea Rise M10 6C453AFE-8272-4304-93FC-A2CC0B0AF85B.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Yikes. I think the only time that's occurred is on the EP8 with e thirteen cranks. If your bike is under warranty, Shimano will replace it. But to answer your question, no, you can't replace that part.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Yikes. I think the only time that's occurred is on the EP8 with e thirteen cranks. If your bike is under warranty, Shimano will replace it. But to answer your question, no, you can't replace that part.
I have the e 13 cranks…

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
In the past Shimano has rejected the warranty claims of this issue, but may be the've changed their mind, so it might be worth to try it, just in case.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
In the past Shimano has rejected the warranty claims of this issue, but may be the've changed their mind, so it might be worth to try it, just in case.
That would be a massive issue with me if they don’t fix it. This is not even close to a “maybe” for me

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
That would be a massive issue with me if they don’t fix it. This is not even close to a “maybe” for me
Shimano does not approve the use of non Shimano crank arms, that's the reason why they refuse warranty when a manufacturer uses non Shimano cranks. I believe that Orbea is liable for this.

But Shimano warranty handling may have changed or may depend on the country distributor, so It is worth a try.

Last edited:

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Shimano does not approve the use of non Shimano crank arms, that's the reason why they refuse warranty when a manufacturer uses non Shimano cranks. I believe that Orbea is liable for this.

But Shimano warranty handling may have changed or may depend on the country distributor, so It is worth a try.
Spiff, can you point me to this in writing as what I have been able to find is not that detailed from Shimano

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
Spiff, can you point me to this in writing as what I have been able to find is not that detailed from Shimano
I have read this information in forums, I do not have it in writing. But Shimano may have changed its warranty handling or it may depend on the country distributor, so your country may warranty it. You will have to ask Shimano for the warranty and wait for their decision.

I would try also with Orbea, they are the ones who integrated EP8 with e13 crankarms.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles