Brake pad upgrade help please.

Simps

Aug 18, 2019
Staffordshire
My bike has the Shimano BR-MT200, Hydr. Disc Brake (180/180) system on it.
I would like to upgrade the pads to something a bit better than the stock ones if possible.
I am struggling to find anything other than the stock resin ones.
Can anyone help please.
Cheers.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
What kind of bike is it?
Personally, I would upgrade to a Shimano 4 pot brake system if it is anything more than a river path cruiser.

Simps

Aug 18, 2019
Staffordshire
Thanks Jackware, I will take a look.
Rusty, it's a Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 Electric Bike 2019 Grey/Orange.
Cheers.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Yer - probably 2 pots would work to a reasonable extent on that.

I have always found Nukeproof pads to be OK, but there are many alternatives - BBB, Serfas, Lifeline, Clarks, & lots of others.
I know some people that love the Serfas pads and others that hate them, so is a bit subjective.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Yer - probably 2 pots would work to a reasonable extent on that.

I have always found Nukeproof pads to be OK, but there are many alternatives - BBB, Serfas, Lifeline, Clarks, & lots of others.
I know some people that love the Serfas pads and others that hate them, so is a bit subjective.

The springs broke on my last two sets of Clarks B01S pads on my clockwork bike. They were bought at the same time, so could have been a dodgy batch.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi trickstuff pads in tests gave 20% more power than standard pads the ebike mag did a massive test and dyno tested them there expensive for pads like £17.99 pair or alot cheaper are gorilla pads used them and uberbike ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles