Bottle cage for e160s

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
Hey guys

Got my e160s arriving in the next week or two and am after recommendations for a bottle cage.

I know a side fitting one is a good call, and aware the Whyte one impedes the charging port (apparently).

What combos are you guys using?

Cheers

Navajo

Jan 25, 2021
Portsmouth, UK
Be keen to no this aswell
Expensive alternative is a Fidlock 450 ml...

whyte 2.jpeg

Mamba90

Subscriber
May 19, 2023
Wirral
If its a e160 rsx you won't be able to fit anything due to piggyback reservoir. My mounting points are essentially redundant lol.

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
I used to use a Fidlock on mine which was great. Unfortunately I can’t use it since upgrading my shock to one with a piggyback.
The mounting point is now used to hold essential tools instead.

cat1

Aug 9, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't know about with a piggyback shock but the specialized cascade 2 works ok and you can still charge with the bottle out. £6.50 as well, so cheaper than fidlock.

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
I don't know about with a piggyback shock but the specialized cascade 2 works ok and you can still charge with the bottle out. £6.50 as well, so cheaper than fidlock.
What size bottle can you get on the 160s?
And thanks for the cage suggestion....

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
Has anyone tried the YT Thirstmaster 4000 with Fidlock?

I know the Fidlock 450 fits the 160s (without piggyback) but it is only 450ml which is pretty small.

The fatter YT bottle holds 600ml and is about £10 cheaper.

Question is - does it fit?

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Has anyone tried the YT Thirstmaster 4000 with Fidlock?

I know the Fidlock 450 fits the 160s (without piggyback) but it is only 450ml which is pretty small.

The fatter YT bottle holds 600ml and is about £10 cheaper.

Question is - does it fit?
My medium e160s arrives at the shop today or tomorrow. They are going to test with a small fidlock to see if it fits. Mine will be running a Marzoccchi Bomber Coil, so will have a piggy back in the way.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
My medium e160s arrives at the shop today or tomorrow. They are going to test with a small fidlock to see if it fits. Mine will be running a Marzoccchi Bomber Coil, so will have a piggy back in the way.
Oh, the answer was, the small fidlock does NOT fit, at least if you have a piggy back shock. I bought the stupid and expensive YT. It has not arrived yet.

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
Can't remember the brand, but they included straps with the holder.

This was my first (poor) attempt, I have since moved it closer to the seat tube and it seems to work ok.

This is just for when I'm having a quick local spin out ... Still use the bladder for proper rides

20230713_160309.jpg

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
Can't remember the brand, but they included straps with the holder.

This was my first (poor) attempt, I have since moved it closer to the seat tube and it seems to work ok.

This is just for when I'm having a quick local spin out ... Still use the bladder for proper rides

View attachment 120572
Whilst it's undoubtedly effective, I just couldn't. Most of my e-bike rides are 2 hours or less, so I don't need much water. The YT bottle (assuming it fits) will be plenty. You could probably fit a small fidlock, given that you don't have the piggy back shock.

cat1

Aug 9, 2019
United Kingdom
There really is no need to ride like that. The specialized cascade 2 fits without a piggy back and you can still charge with it on. Cheap also.

JonnyManc

Apr 18, 2023
Cumbria
There really is no need to ride like that. The specialized cascade 2 fits without a piggy back and you can still charge with it on. Cheap also.
Just making use of what I already had.
Will look again at the Cascade,....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles