Bosch warning light?

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I have a 1 yr old Whyte e160 RSX with a Bosch CX gen 4 motor.
When I haven’t ridden for maybe a week I get the bike ready and just ride it round the garden to check everything.

The controller is in Eco with a green light.
After a couple of mins riding the light turns orange and stays orange until I turn it on & off then it’s ok.

I have never had a problem on a ride or seen the orange light again. Has anyone else had this or know the reason?

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I haven't tried that. I will have to wait for it to go orange again or do you know if there is a history?

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
After a couple of mins riding the light turns orange
In another discussion on the forum the orange light always turned on, when the rider did not have the phone and Flow app nearby. In this case the orange light could be turned off by switching to a different drive mode on the controller.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The LED Remote light turning orange is a warning signal. Assuming your bike continues to operate OK, it is only advisory. It turns orange for example to warn you that the battery has reached 30% capacity remaining. The warning could also be that you have a fault report ( if you had a Kiox fitted it would say what the error is). I do not have first hand experience but I understand as per the post a bove that another warning could be the absence of your phone.............but that only applies if you have the Bosch Connect Module fitted............it certainly does not apply otherwise. I regularly ride without my phone on me and do not get any sort of warning.
I have on one occasion, when I had my phone on me ( and was running Strava) the orange light repeatedly appearing with the Kiox telling me my phone had lost signal. I acknowledged/cleared the warning by pressing the square button on the LED Remote but had that happen a bout 4 times on that ride. ( I often ride quite close to some military bases/firing ranges and some weird things happen to phone signal and GPS sometimes!!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles