Bosch Smart System Connect Module (GPS Tracker)

Tower

Aug 21, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi all,

If, like me, you are the owner of a new Bosch Smart System equipped emtb, you may be interested to know that following a slight delay, the Bosch GPS tracker (Connect Module) is now available for dealers to order as a retrofit kit. Pricing tbc and currently advertised at €99 as a guide on a well known European e-bike retailer website. Price includes first years subscription to the tracker service which then becomes chargeable. I have one on order and will update details in the future if anyone is interested.

Tower

Finmtb

Nov 4, 2022
Finland
Just installed connect module today. Very easy process. Works well. Only downside is alarm sound is not very loud. I have some chinese cheap alarm and that sound is much louder. But notification/tracking works really good.

Tower

Aug 21, 2022
United Kingdom
Just installed connect module today. Very easy process. Works well. Only downside is alarm sound is not very loud. I have some chinese cheap alarm and that sound is much louder. But notification/tracking works really good.
Hi Fin,

Yea that doesn't surprise me. Is there an option to turn the alarm off? Do you mind telling me which country you're in and how much you paid?

Thanks... Tower

Finmtb

Nov 4, 2022
Finland
Hi Fin,

Yea that doesn't surprise me. Is there an option to turn the alarm off? Do you mind telling me which country you're in and how much you paid?

Thanks... Tower
Yes there is.
Finland and 115€ delivered

728472B3-E349-4AFF-A067-FF9E3DA35E0B.png

Tower

Aug 21, 2022
United Kingdom
Thanks. You may be interested to know my local bike mechanic is fitting security bolts to the motor housing so the tracker can't be as easily removed in the event of the bike being stolen.

Tower

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Anyone know how long the internal battery of the connect module lasts? I tend to store my bike battery away from the bike when it's not in use so ideally the connect module needs to last a few days to be worth it for me.

bobbinman

Jan 24, 2023
Bath, UK
Thanks. You may be interested to know my local bike mechanic is fitting security bolts to the motor housing so the tracker can't be as easily removed in the event of the bike being stolen.

Tower
Can you pm me the details of where to get the security fasteners. Thanks

Toxa

May 7, 2023
UK
I am also planning to purchase connectmodule for my Smart system. I have been trying to get some answers from BOSCH regarding the performance/behaviour of the connectmodule but I am not getting very far (yet).

My main concern is how the connectmodule will behave IF I am forced to give away my Ebike to a thief while I am cycling. Obviously in this circumstance the Ebike is unlock and therefore the thief can cycle away. Do you know if I can truck my ebike as long as I have my iPhone in my pocket?

According to Bosch I have to lock the Ebike as the thief is cycling away. I will find it difficult to lock the Ebike as the Bluetooth range is about 10 metres!.
Considering that the Ebike is communicating with the iPhone, I imagine is a simple issue if the Ebike is unlocked and the Ebike no longer is communicating with the iPhone, then the GPS location will be activated and possibly disable the motor.
When old, opportunistic thieves can seize the moment and steel from you an expensive Ebike in the middle of day.
Any advice on how to use the connectModule regarding the above situation so as to track the Ebike will be much appreciated.

Kwenda

Jul 26, 2023
Poole, Dorset
Bobbinman wrote
Anyone know how long the internal battery of the connect module lasts? I tend to store my bike battery away from the bike when it's not in use so ideally the connect module needs to last a few days to be worth it for me.
I believe it’s 8 days

Thus do I assume that the Bosch Connect module has its own battery.?
And if so does it automatically recharge itself when the main Bosch battery is refitted after being recharged.?

My Cube Reaction SLX 750 lives in the garage of the block of flats, where there is no available power, and I recharge the bike's Bosch battery in the flat upstairs ( where I can also monitor it and watch it ).
OR...
Is there a small battery that can be fitted into the battery tube frame to keep all the electronics working while the main 750 Bosch battery is taken out for a recharge.?

Thanks...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles