Bosch motors interchangeable?

SamB

Oct 8, 2022
London
Hi,

My Bosch Performance Line CX gen 2 has packed up after 2200 miles. It's a 500 error which I have read elsewhere cannot be fixed (please correct me if I am wrong!).

If I want to replace the motor, do I need to replace it with a 2nd gen (ie like for like) or are 3rd gen and 4th gen the same size/will fit my bike?

Thanks in advance.

Citius

Sep 24, 2022
Washington DC
probably not, looking at pictures of these motors side by side, they look different. I'm sure the mounts wont line up by going to a different motor. you can try to get it replaced or contact bosch directly or call trek.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Hi,

My Bosch Performance Line CX gen 2 has packed up after 2200 miles. It's a 500 error which I have read elsewhere cannot be fixed (please correct me if I am wrong!).

If I want to replace the motor, do I need to replace it with a 2nd gen (ie like for like) or are 3rd gen and 4th gen the same size/will fit my bike?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Sam, Firstly, there are 73 different 500's and we can fix most of them now, so if you're in the UK we can probably help, if not you can speak to one of our worldwide partners. Secondly, we have a test bike that will run a Gen 2, 3 and 4 but unless you want to do a lot of modifications to your bike, it's not really practical to change one for another. You can find us here: www.ebikemotorcentre.com

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles