Bosch motor badge only "taped" on . . .

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Amazes me that Bosch's plastic badges are only attached with real thin two sided tape 😱

This is a known issue from reading older threads here. Funny, one poster said if yours falls off just look down at the trail and pick up another one along the way . . . hahaha.

Yesterday, I took my Trek off the car carrier and forgot I left the cable lock draped over the motor, so upon the first crank the cable wedged between the crank arm and the Bosch plastic badge and sheared it right off.

Here is my fix. This thin clear Scotch (picture mounting) two sided tape that I had in stock will hold up to 2 lbs. Now I just have to wipe the motor face with some alcohol, pull off the red backing and slap it back on:

IMG_6655.jpeg

IMG_6653.jpeg

Last edited:

Silverfox Baz

Oct 13, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Amazes me that Bosch's plastic badges are only attached with real thin two sided tape 😱

This is a known issue from reading older threads here. Funny, one poster said if yours falls off just look down at the trail and pick up another one along the way . . . hahaha.

Yesterday, I took my Trek off the car carrier and forgot I left the cable lock draped over the motor, so upon the first crank the cable wedged between the crank arm and the Bosch plastic badge and sheared it right off.

Here is my fix. This thin clear Scotch (picture mounting) two sided tape that I had in stock will hold up to 2 lbs. Now I just have to wipe the motor face with some alcohol, pull off the red backing and slap it back on:

View attachment 95983

View attachment 95984
Mine fell off after about 500 miles. Luckily a friend was behind me and spotted it. I’ve stuck it back on with 3M double sided tape and it’s stayed put so far.

I was in my local pub last week and the landlord had one behind the bar that he found in the car park and he thought was mine. I grabbed it as a spare.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles