Bosch Lights

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I have had my Ransom 920 2022 for few weeks now quite like it only ride in turbo mode

I am running a Gemini Duo light off a battery, but I would like to run it off the ebike battery. Has anyone done this with a Scott ebike, there is fairly limited info on the internet I can find about doing this and I dont really want to deal the LBS since the are fairly clueless about most everything even moreso than me

I see some cables on magicshine which have the correct plug at the end, but I dont know if its as simple as splicing that onto the preinstalled cable and plugging in my light?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
but I dont know if its as simple as splicing that onto the preinstalled cable and plugging in my light?
On my Rail this is how I did it. However you’ll need to get the bike shop to activate light mode. When they’ve don’t this the light is activated by a long press of the + button on the controller and a light icon displays 👍

Voluptua

Oct 4, 2020
United Kingdom
That method does sound easier than probably dropping the motor to get to the plug/socket. Be aware that the LBS, when activating the light mode, will assign a reserve on the battery, to allow the lights to continue after you've "run out" of assistance. If you're always in Turbo mode, you'll certainly notice the reduction in effective range - so you'll want the LBS to minimise the size of the reserve.

PS - you need to try other modes.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
On my Rail this is how I did it. However you’ll need to get the bike shop to activate light mode. When they’ve don’t this the light is activated by a long press of the + button on the controller and a light icon displays 👍
Any idea how this would work with something like the Exposure Fuse, which has its own on switch.
Thinking of getting this light and was intending to have the shop i bought the bike from fitting it, mainly to keep them sweet

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
That method does sound easier than probably dropping the motor to get to the plug/socket. Be aware that the LBS, when activating the light mode, will assign a reserve on the battery, to allow the lights to continue after you've "run out" of assistance. If you're always in Turbo mode, you'll certainly notice the reduction in effective range - so you'll want the LBS to minimise the size of the reserve.

PS - you need to try other modes.

What percent of battery is being held in reserve for the light at the minimum level and how long will the minimum level run a 2000 lumen bike light? The other thing I am wondering is if the bike is able to run the light at full power? Ehh, maybe I will just stick with separate light battery if its not favorable. Hold battery in reserve for light is one of those things that may just be making it more complicated for the user to deal with

Super tech climbs I still have to put in emtb to control the power well but otherwise I am all about turbo, im not into the exercise aspect of bikes I lost interest in that long time ago, Im just in it for the fun

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles