Bosch Kiox retro fit

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I own an Orbea Wild FS H20. The only thing I dislike about the bike is the Purion display/controller. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Kiox. Does anyone have any experience of carrying out this upgrade? How difficult is it to fit? Do you have to drop the motor?

Al

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
After some further research and hearing about nightmare installs I've decided to buy the Bosch Kiox unit and pay for the fitting with an Orbea dealer. £40.00 fitting charge which doesn't seem too bad.

Al

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
After some further research and hearing about nightmare installs I've decided to buy the Bosch Kiox unit and pay for the fitting with an Orbea dealer. £40.00 fitting charge which doesn't seem too bad.

Al

What are your thoughts on the Kiox unit? I've been thinking on upgrading mine.

hedgelayer

Aug 8, 2021
Devon
Sounds like a good deal on the fitting. I just upgraded from Purion to Kiox on my Cube and the dealer charged me 2 hrs workshop time at £50/hour (ouch !). Still - if it goes wrong I guess there's somewhere I can seek redress. So far (only a few days) very happy with Kiox - not only the display itself but also the whole digital biking world that it provides access to.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
What are your thoughts on the Kiox unit? I've been thinking on upgrading mine.
Not ridden in anger yet but so far very impressed. You can see lots of information and you don't have to take your eyes off the trail. If I were Bosch I would dispense with the display element of the Purion all together in order to achieve a low profile mode changer.

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
Not ridden in anger yet but so far very impressed. You can see lots of information and you don't have to take your eyes off the trail. If I were Bosch I would dispense with the display element of the Purion all together in order to achieve a low profile mode changer.
A low profile mode changer, like those old school shifters with gear indicator would be pretty neat

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I've heard tales of people losing the display in a crash. It is possible to secure it permanently with a screw but I think I would prefer to keep the option of removing it so I've backed it up with a lanyard:

Kiox.jpg

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
I tried the lanyard solution. Had a bit of an off and the Kiox went flying ... might have landed softer without a lanyard.

PXL_20210810_175857165.jpg

Replacement unit will be screwed in place.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles