Bosch Gen 4 testers required (Derestriction)

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I am looking for 4 x Gen 4 Bosch owners to test the Hi-Speed device over 500 miles.
If you ride alot and want to test this system, please get in touch. UK based testers please.
Thank you.
6AC54690-C8C5-4424-845F-0D30B0F0EA3A.jpeg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Interesting... I could be interested, but could you explain if it has any functionality for avoiding triggering the built in speed restriction anti tampering mechanisms.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
l assume it does, or it wouldn't work at all.
They all work for a bit, then the dreaded 504 appears, some people never seethe error, some get the error within 300 miles.

It seems to me that nobody really knows how to defeat the detection algorithm with any certainty. But maybe trail Watts have worked it out?

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Can the Bosch Gen 4 be set to USA so it will do 32kmh rather than 25kmh?

On the Shimano you can do that, and it seems perfectly happy in its new country, with no error codes or other problems.

20mph is a big improvement on 15.5mph and is enough for most people. Plus, the
motor is designed to operate at that speed so there should be no warranty or running issues.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Can the Bosch Gen 4 be set to USA so it will do 32kmh rather than 25kmh?

On the Shimano you can do that, and it seems perfectly happy in its new country, with no error codes or other problems.

20mph is a big improvement on 15.5mph and is enough for most people. Plus, the
motor is designed to operate at that speed so there should be no warranty or running issues.
no - not possible unless you take it to a dealer located in a country that has a 20mph limit. I understand that the ability to set to 20mph is geo restricted, and only dealers in that geography can do it.

Bosch have really locked the motor down.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Interesting... I could be interested, but could you explain if it has any functionality for avoiding triggering the built in speed restriction anti tampering mechanisms.
According to local testing over 400 miles no trigger. This is why I’m asking for more testers.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Surprisingly nobody seems interested, maybe everyone is happy with their 15.5mph assist cutoff on their Bosch ebikes.

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
Surprisingly nobody seems interested, maybe everyone is happy with their 15.5mph assist cutoff on their Bosch ebikes.
Not interested maybe because of warranty and insurance voids?
I wouldn't imagine many are happy with the 15.5 mph cut off, I'm certainly not. A small increase to 20 mph would be perfect.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles