Bosch gen 4 over heating and cut out

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
I have a Cannondale Moterra nero Bosch gen4 with 750 battery , had it since November .
last week on a ride 20 mins in , in turbo mode on a route I’ve done many times before in warming weather and it cut , switched its self off showing an error message .
Error 51301C Drive unit error-temperature monitoring .
I find this hard believe as I know i have ridden it much harder for longer in 10 degrees higher temps and had no issues .
I pressed power on and off i went for the rest of the ride without issues ,but has got me thinking is something about to fail .
im off riding in Scotland in 2 weeks time and wales the week after that ,so im now worrying its going fail on me .
is it the motor or battery that is over heating ?
Anyone had any experience with this error code ?

RiderOnTheStorm

Looked up the error code from the Bosch support site, which reads :

The temperature of your drive unit is too high. The drive unit is switched off for safety reasons.
Steps:
Let your drive unit cool down for a few minutes. Then restart your eBike. If the problem persists, please contact your dealer.
51301C – Die Temperatur deiner Antriebs- einheit ist zu hoch.

Issue seems related to the motor temperature, not the battery. I'd suggest to have your LBS run some diagnostics, check logs and find the root cause (Bosch motors collect tons of monitoring data... which should help.)

Golanab

Mar 7, 2024
Israel
Hi

I have the exact same problem
The engine is stop after awhile , after power on all working …
Pazman - any update ?

Regard
Golan

9d9a4c47-a00b-4a4c-bfe2-d40269eca2ee.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles