Bosch CX Error 523001…

Brian422

Mar 26, 2022
Inverness
Hi all,

just got a new Mondraker Crafty R, tried it quickly in Garden and was all good, got to our local trails and within 50m got Error 523001.

Connected to app and found a bit more:

Drive unit error - sensor system.
Error in the speed sensor of the drive unit.
Possible effects: Reduced drive unit output. Speed
display not functional.

Spoke to the shop I bought it from and turns out they have someone in with exactly the same issue and are trying to sus it out now.

Anyone on here had similar or know anything about it?

No info online about this error code.

Cheers!

918E1772-3CE4-4AF6-B5AF-F9EC8D40FD4F.jpeg

Brian422

Mar 26, 2022
Inverness
Seems that the bike needs a plug in upgrade by a dealer, will hopefully have this done by Wednesday and will update the post for anyone who finds themselves in this situation!!

Miiioo

Mar 28, 2022
Sonysony1+
Seems that the bike needs a plug in upgrade by a dealer, will hopefully have this done by Wednesday and will update the post for anyone who finds themselves in this situation!!
Hi I have exactly the same thing, it doesn't show me the current speed.... problem from the buy, write how you solved it please

20220327_171725.jpg

Brian422

Mar 26, 2022
Inverness
Local shop plugged the bike into computer today and no joy, so motor has to be warrantied!!

Should take about a week to get the motor and have it replaced so I will update once that has been done.

So since I paid for the bike on the 22nd I recon I’m down about £300 on fuel and my time… I honestly cant believe I still ride bikes the hassle they cause me 😂

Voidtech

Apr 17, 2022
Earth
I had the same error and the shop fixed it in one day. It was the speed sensor. They mounted it too far from the magnet on the wheel.

Brian422

Mar 26, 2022
Inverness
I had the same error and the shop fixed it in one day. It was the speed sensor. They mounted it too far from the magnet on the wheel.

Apologies to everyone for the late update:

The motor was changed on warranty and the issue remained! The local bike shop said to return it to the shop I bought it from to deal with so I thought before I went through the hassle i'd try a few things again myself.

Although the speed sensor was definitely within the recommended tolerance but I used washers to get the magnet as close as possible to the sensor as possible and also rotated the sensor so the writing was facing the magnet and ........ IT WORKED!

I've done about 350 miles on the bike now with no issues so its defo what the issue was. I meant to try removing the washers then rotation the sensor to diagnose which bit actually fixed the problem but i'm now having too much fun riding it to bother.

Anyway hopefully this helps someone!

Voidtech

Apr 17, 2022
Earth
My case was solved successfully. It was a problem with the distance between the speed sensor and the magnet in my disk break. The guy in the shop had added a spacer to the sensor mount which resolved the problem.

PossiblyChoking

Jun 21, 2022
Swizerland
Hello all, I have the same error on my Crafty R. I tried to use a washer, but it’s not working. Can you please measure the distance between the sensor and the magnet for me?
thank you!

JZA

Jul 12, 2022
Wanaka, New Zealand
I had the same error on my Mondraker Crafty R as well. I turned the bike off and back on and it went away. I haven’t had any issues since. I might contact the shop and get their opinion though. Sounds like Mondraker need to sort out the position of the sensor!

On a side note; Who is loving their Crafty? It’s awesome isn’t it? Such a good bike. Way better than the Commencal Meta Power SX Race that I had before.

JZA

Jul 12, 2022
Wanaka, New Zealand
Restarting wasnt working for me. Had to use washers between the frame and the speedsensor.
Since then or for about 200km its working fine.
Glad you got it sorted mate. Hopefully mine wont get any worse. When it happened I was playing around on a pump track so maybe there was some frame flex involved or something.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
I have this issue on my Cannodale motera 3 running smart system cx gen 4 .
Replaced the sensor and magnet ,ok for 2 Miles then error message returned and the motor cuts out then returns over couple of seconds or so or cuts out for several minutes.
When it's playing up I can rub a magnet over the sensor and it won't get pickup at all , another minute layer it picks it up fine .
The magnet on the wheel hasn't moved ever since owning bike ( 3 months old )
My issue is nothing to do with the magnet or sensor and must be within the motor housing.
The bike has done 400 miles from new .
I've just dropped in to my local bosch dealer for a diagnostics and repair .
I'll get back with what they come yp with and the repair out come .

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Update .

dropped my bike in at my local bosch service centre ,after running diagnostics they sent the report to bosch .
Bosch have now sent out a new motor , my motor had done a little over 400 miles .
Not impressed at all

muzcroft

Oct 30, 2023
United Kingdom
Apologies to everyone for the late update:

The motor was changed on warranty and the issue remained! The local bike shop said to return it to the shop I bought it from to deal with so I thought before I went through the hassle i'd try a few things again myself.

Although the speed sensor was definitely within the recommended tolerance but I used washers to get the magnet as close as possible to the sensor as possible and also rotated the sensor so the writing was facing the magnet and ........ IT WORKED!

I've done about 350 miles on the bike now with no issues so its defo what the issue was. I meant to try removing the washers then rotation the sensor to diagnose which bit actually fixed the problem but i'm now having too much fun riding it to bother.

Anyway hopefully this helps someone!
Hey iv just encountered this error code on my new bike is there any chance you'd be able to show a picture of the washers behind the sensor? I'm just confused on how to do it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles