BOSCH BATTERY 625W

idunne

Sep 19, 2022
merseyside liverpool
is there a way to check the condition of the trek rail 625w battery without taking it to LBS and put on there computor ..i would like to charge and discharge and see what percentage its still holding as time goes on and check for bad cells....

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Hi
Are you still getting good range ?
I was wandering why your thinking about bad cells because to be brutally honest there is nothing you can do about them if there is in general as the bosch BMS cant be disconnected from the power without dying from what i have read .
The Bosch diagnostics would be your best option i would have thought (y)

idunne

Sep 19, 2022
merseyside liverpool
Hi
Are you still getting good range ?
I was wandering why your thinking about bad cells because to be brutally honest there is nothing you can do about them if there is in general as the bosch BMS cant be disconnected from the power without dying from what i have read .
The Bosch diagnostics would be your best option i would have thought (y)
as if there is a bad cell remove it and put a good one in as seen on you tube with other battery makita theres even vids on these batterys how to open them up

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
as if there is a bad cell remove it and put a good one in as seen on you tube with other battery makita theres even vids on these batterys how to open them up
Open them up yes but as far as im aware when the Bosch bms on a powertube battery loses its power it locks out and cant be restarted making the battery dead
Can you link the videos you have found getting past this issue as im really intrested (y)

idunne

Sep 19, 2022
merseyside liverpool
Open them up yes but as far as im aware when the Bosch bms on a powertube battery loses its power it locks out and cant be restarted making the battery dead
Can you link the videos you have found getting past this issue as im really intrested (y)
i just done a youtube search ...

Bosch PowerTube 500 Wh - Complete Teardown​

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
i just done a youtube search ...

Bosch PowerTube 500 Wh - Complete Teardown​

I saw that one (y)
He pulled it to bits but never got the BMS working again as far as i know and can gather from the comments and replies so the battery will never work on a bosch bike .

Last edited:

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
In answer to your original question, you can get a mains power meter which you plug your charger into and if you know the battery %, you can work out the relative capacity. It won't tell you the exact capacity of the battery due to losses in the system, but it will tell you how much the battery had degraded over time.

Is what I've been doing and have been meaning to make a post on it.

Ura

Feb 11, 2022
Ukrain
1. if I connect an additional self-made battery instead of a charger, my kiox will not show the percentage of the battery, but it will go without an error?
2. the engine will not be blocked by software?
3. maybe you know examples of implementation of such projects?

idunne

Sep 19, 2022
merseyside liverpool
In answer to your original question, you can get a mains power meter which you plug your charger into and if you know the battery %, you can work out the relative capacity. It won't tell you the exact capacity of the battery due to losses in the system, but it will tell you how much the battery had degraded over time.

Is what I've been doing and have been meaning to make a post on it.
jimbob did you make the post on it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles