Bosch 2020 CX motors for 2020 Treks?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I was at my LBS today getting some new wheels under warranty and I enquired about the Rails.
The Sram equipped bikes (can't remember as wasn't that interested) will out before the Shimano bikes (October) but way ahead of the Cannodale Moterra 2 which isn't available until April...
The Rail looks to be replacing the Powerfly at the top end, with the latter only being available with the old motor and aluminium frames.It's running on 29er wheels with 150 rr and 160fr travel and the 7 will have SLX 12 speed.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
It seems odd that the old cx motor is continuing to be produced. Surely it is more expensive to make and transport as it has more parts and is bigger and heavier than the new motor.
Also I thought one purpose of the new motor was to stop tuning. Why keep the old motor going in that case?

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Picked up my new 2020 Powerfly 7 on Saturday and the motor noise is very low to my ears.
I must caveat that with the fact I'm totally new to ebikes and haven't heard the previous generation irl only on YouTube, so just a subjective opinion. The wind noise above 20 kph was much louder than the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles