bolting a water bottle mount to the battery cover

andyadam

Apr 16, 2020
fife, scotland
i have a cube stereo hybrid and i'm thinking of adding a bottle/tool carrier mount drilled and bolted directly to the plastic battery cover up just below the release button, it shouldnt invalidate any warranty as im sure thats an easily replaceable part
has anyone else done this ?

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
What's wrong with old fashion way??
IMG_20200802_184826.jpg

andyadam

Apr 16, 2020
fife, scotland
simply because that one will be used, but only fits a 450ml bottle, a 600 scrapes the frame, also as i have the 160 tm which has a differrent piggy back rear shock, so much less space) so on long treks i need another bottle and somewhere to store tools for those treks too, and i dont want pockets full of gear

Last edited:

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
i agree it wasnt designed to take extra weight but that doesnt mean it wont< pretty sure that will hold a topeak bottle mount and tool no problem up near the release button at the top.

Before you try that, just check your clearances by letting the air out of your front forks and checking the space when they are fully compressed. In your other thread on this same subject, I made a crack about the music coming from a 750mm bottle. That's the sound made by tyre knobblies grinding into the water bottle.
My clockwork fully came with a forward mounted bottle cage. I'm an expert on all the reasons not to have one...

andyadam

Apr 16, 2020
fife, scotland
Before you try that, just check your clearances by letting the air out of your front forks and checking the space when they are fully compressed. In your other thread on this same subject, I made a crack about the music coming from a 750mm bottle. That's the sound made by tyre knobblies grinding into the water bottle.
My clockwork fully came with a forward mounted bottle cage. I'm an expert on all the reasons not to have one...
hi, thanks for the reply, yeah i already released the air from the fork compressed it to the max to check the clearances and i have plenty of clearance for a bottle or the topeak ninja type tool kit, the toolkit can mount much higher up, (or both can be mounted together) but im not keen on the front mounted bottle myself as i quite often ride through sheep fields
im still trying to find the part number for the cover, if i find it and can buy a spare if required ? i will certainly take a punt on the fixing of something to the cover as i hate carrying any gear on my body
on another note the bottle boss nut on the cube appears to be soft aluminium ? so not sure how long the original will even last ( never owned a cube before this one)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles