Body Armor for Women? Leatt Womens Airflex Body Protector? What do you wear?

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
Hello ladies,

Any of you out there wear the Leatt Airflex chest protector with the padded under shirt? If so, please do tell what size do you wear and please provide your height and weight. I’ll start by stating that I am 5’7” (170cm) and 130lbs
(57 kg) And not sure if the medium will be baggy on me. Any other body armor (torso specific) that you wear and live? Please feel free to share any stories of how your armor has saved you. 😊

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
No experience of the Leatt one, but my partner wears a Fox Raceframe and finds it really comfortable. It's the smaller size, she is around 5ft 4 and 140lbs. She generally wears it over her jersey whenever we are doing any kind of uplifted riding.

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
No experience of the Leatt one, but my partner wears a Fox Raceframe and finds it really comfortable. It's the smaller size, she is around 5ft 4 and 140lbs. She generally wears it over her jersey whenever we are doing any kind of uplifted riding.
Good info- I just discovered the fox raceframe today. Thank you

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
I have the 2020 version of this in L/XL and one of my girlfriends wore it at the park. She’s 5’10” 130lbs with augmentation. it wasn’t that bulky and the sides overlap so you can fit them on a 140lb kid mountianbiker just fine. The shoulder pads can be adjusted in our out or taken off. so a S/M would likely be good too for long term (maybe expose bottom, most vulnerable ribs if your arms are above your head so just don’t reach high when you’re crashing….but most Mtb damage is shoulders and ribs so overprotecting isn’t bad. For me the padded shirt tops are just too damn hot in the summer. New riders crash a lot so if you’re new forsure sweat it out for a couple years until your crashing is less. My .02c View attachment 98653
Good to know and thank you! The Leatt fit information is not very helpful so your feedback is appreciated

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles