Blok Products Mounts

philuk

Jun 22, 2021
North Yorkshire UK
Has anyone used these?

Ive bought one to mount the bike into the back of our camper and i'm just debating how to bolt it down to the floor.
They can be fastened to the sliding rails but i havent got that in the van and i dont fancy paying £100 for a small piece that i need!

I can just used some decent size screws as it has m8 bolt holes. I could put some unistrut down or a piece of ally to spread the weight a bit.

Has anyone one else used these and how have you mounted them?

Jan 19, 2019
UK
I have these in my SWB VW Caddy. I bought the aluminium rail, I didn’t want to bolt anything into the floor if possible.
I removed the two rear anchor attachment points and attached the rail to that (using a couple of pieces of aluminium plate). Now I can easily remove the bike mounts if required.
I also bought the off-set mounting plate to allow handlebars not to touch.
2FFAD549-3960-44A8-9C27-48055E79F33F.jpeg
3C4BDD27-CFA7-474C-90AB-6109C9DA222E.jpeg

philuk

Jun 22, 2021
North Yorkshire UK
With the way we have done the camper ive added a 25mm insulation under the floor then the floor back on top. The loaddown points arent available! :/

van1.jpg

Beaker2135

Subscriber
May 13, 2021
Cumbria
Mine doesn’t move at all, but one end of the bars is wedged against the side panel. That was just coincidence the plan was to put my kit on the board to hold it place. I don’t think h to get us necessary though. The board is cut to a close fit so it can’t move sideways and the Blok holds it securely that’s quite a lot of leverage to tip the board and bike
It works for me but if I was using it more regularly I stump up for a proper rail. That won’t help you if you can’t access the tie down points
I think I would fasten it to something and then fasten that to the floor

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles