Review Bliss Armoured Top

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
I bought the Bliss ARG LD comp top. I bought it as the armour has a ‘non newtonian liquid form’. The same as my motorcycle Rukka gear. The armour is very flexible, but when it hits hard it stiffens up. (See youtube for D30 type armour test). I had a massive crash on my mc 2019 and it worked well. Its really comfortable to wear and has a full zip, back armour CE2 grade and tail bone armour. I will hit the trails with it and my new lid. I bought slightly larger so i could fit a top underneath so as not to have to keep washing it. It is also hand washable. The material feels like a lycra, like a thin surfing rash vest. £69.00

2DFC58E7-2012-45F5-BD60-9B45DE79AE18.jpeg

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
@Shifty The elbow areas look big but also 'insecure' in that could rotate/ slip easily. Is that right or wrong? Definitely cheaper than most.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I bought the Bliss ARG LD comp top. I bought it as the armour has a ‘non newtonian liquid form’. The same as my motorcycle Rukka gear. The armour is very flexible, but when it hits hard it stiffens up. (See youtube for D30 type armour test). I had a massive crash on my mc 2019 and it worked well. Its really comfortable to wear and has a full zip, back armour CE2 grade and tail bone armour. I will hit the trails with it and my new lid. I bought slightly larger so i could fit a top underneath so as not to have to keep washing it. It is also hand washable. The material feels like a lycra, like a thin surfing rash vest. £69.00

View attachment 44238
How are you getting on with this top?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi @Shifty Any longer term review on this for protection/comfort/wear ?

Comfort wise it looks good, but price wise it's now up at £230 ish so priced at the high end (or mid point as everyone seems to have put their prices up)

Screenshot 2021-09-14 10.13.03.png

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I bought one while they were on offer at Freewheel. Bloody heavy and the cuffs were massive so I sent it back.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi @Shifty Any longer term review on this for protection/comfort/wear ?

Comfort wise it looks good, but price wise it's now up at £230 ish so priced at the high end (or mid point as everyone seems to have put their prices up)

View attachment 71485
Hi @Zimmerframe yes its a great bit of kit, and personally although its heavy as it is very armoured it is really flexible armour. All stays in place well too whilst riding. Its very comfortable and no chafing anywhere. I hand wash it so it doesn't stink. On colder rides its a nice layer too, but I leave it off for hot days. I have a large and its snug on me, 38 chest 34 waist is my measurements. Normally in T shirts I would be a medium. I have bounced off my bike with it on and its good armour. Worth the money. My knee pads were too big and slip so I dont use them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles