BLEvo vs eGENESIS... the test loop showdown.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I read the manual last night for it .. all the confusing icons and options all now make perfect sense and are actually really well thought out and entirely logical ! To get the most out of it and avoid initial confusion, it's definitely an RTFM app.

I didn't spend much time appreciating the "auto" and the graph settings of the manual . Did you leave all that on default or did you change things ? You said 80/100 ?

Are you using the phone on a mount and taking any info from (I think it suggests gear changes an things, especially in the extended 6/9 speed mode) it or just stuffed in pocket and using it as your power control brain ?
You can use Manual mode without a device attached - just send your setup to the bike & leave the screen at home. I changed Manual Turbo settings to 80/100 & kept it in Turbo.

In Extended Manual & Auto you need the device attached and yes I have a Blackview BV6000 on a Quad Lock Out Front mount.

I haven’t tried the Automatic Power Mapping or Zone Variation yet but will report back. If you want to just ride then maybe don’t bother with any app but if you want to explore & adjust parameters to suit your terrain & riding style then there’s nothing better.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Went for a ride today to the local oyster farm to check out the Little Black Cormorants & Pied Oystercatchers. All gravel & potholes so I decided to slide around with Turbo burst using Manual, Extended Manual & Auto 80/100. Loose rocks & pebbles everywhere, it felt just perfect swerving & occasionally into massive craters using gears 9 to 13 on the Speedhub. Really enjoying the different approach.

Not sure if my alternate bike will be Levo or Kenevo 2020 - I’ll know Tuesday - but it will have eGENESIS. I don’t need to increase the speed limit - there are so many other features that make the bike even better.

I normally ride with BLEvo but wanted to try the eGenesis app too. It seems the app is not working for the 2019 and 2020 Levo. Not sure about the 2020 Kenevo but I assume it will not.

For the Levo 2019 Augusto developed the Adamo678 display and Adamo19 (see Facebook page) where you don't need a smartphone. The system replaces the original Specialized TCU completely.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just tried this today ..

WOW !

Used the Auto option on mainly the default, except for Turbo which I wound up all the way.

@cozzy you might be interested in trying this also.

So generally I struggle to get more than 35km's out of my battery, my average shown on the battery specs is 24km/charge cycle.

I tried Blevo on Eco Auto last week on the default settings . 14km's 390m 30% battery used. So slightly better than normal.

Today's settings with eGenesis

Genesis 1.png

Up until this point it was just in Auto Eco :

Genesis 2.png

So a Whopping 23km's for 30% battery used !

I'm sure Blevo's capable of doing something similar, but this was the default settings.

Used some Auto Trail and Auto Turbo - these did both chew through battery. But I managed over 40k and had 30% battery left. Quite impressive ... though I am quite knackered ! According to the stats, I was doing 84% of the work :)

But if you've got a 250w equivalent battery on eco/trail .. then this helps !

@Augusto I think there's a bug in the way eGenesis Eva logs the altitude gained. Strava shows me as 758m gained. eGenesis says

Total Km: 41.4Km
Ascent: 1374m

Augusto

Aug 14, 2018
Italy
Just tried this today ..

WOW !

Used the Auto option on mainly the default, except for Turbo which I wound up all the way.

So generally I struggle to get more than 35km's out of my battery, my average shown on the battery specs is 24km/charge cycle.

I tried Blevo on Eco Auto last week on the default settings . 14km's 390m 30% battery used. So slightly better than normal.

View attachment 19209

View attachment 19210

I'm sure Blevo's capable of doing something similar, but this was the default settings.

Used some Auto Trail and Auto Turbo - these did both chew through battery. But I managed over 40k and had 30% battery left. Quite impressive ... though I am quite knackered ! According to the stats, I was doing 84% of the work :)

@Augusto I think there's a bug in the way eGenesis Eva logs the altitude gained. Strava shows me as 758m gained. eGenesis says

Just tried this today ..

WOW !

View attachment 19209

View attachment 19210

Turbo 99 and Max 100 are no sense.
In your settings:
The Eco level go from 5% to 25%
The Trail level go from 12% to 99%
The Turbo level go from 25% to 100%

99% is wrong.
A right value can be 60%

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Turbo 99 and Max 100 are no sense.
In your settings:
The Eco level go from 5% to 25%
The Trail level go from 12% to 99%
The Turbo level go from 25% to 100%

99% is wrong.
A right value can be 60%

Thanks Augusto.. First time using it ! :)

So just so I understand this ..

Eco goes from "Minimum Value" is upto what you set as "Minimum Trail"

Trail goes from "Eco Setting" to what you set as "Turbo setting"

And Turbo goes from "Trail Setting" to "Maximum setting".

So by sticking 99% in "Turbo" I was effectively just giving "Trail" a huge range - hence why I used more power than I expected for the two small times I used "Trail".

And with 99-100 for turbo, it gives your algorithm nothing to work with.

So for Feedback and a question - with Turbo set at 99 it said I only put in 5% of the effort - so it would be a bit like a "shuttle mode" on a 2.1 motor , ie not much effort required, just Cadence ??

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks Augusto.. First time using it ! :)

So just so I understand this ..

Eco goes from "Minimum Value" is upto what you set as "Minimum Trail"

Trail goes from "Eco Setting" to what you set as "Turbo setting"

And Turbo goes from "Trail Setting" to "Maximum setting".

So by sticking 99% in "Turbo" I was effectively just giving "Trail" a huge range - hence why I used more power than I expected for the two small times I used "Trail".

And with 99-100 for turbo, it gives your algorithm nothing to work with.

So for Feedback and a question - with Turbo set at 99 it said I only put in 5% of the effort - so it would be a bit like a "shuttle mode" on a 2.1 motor , ie not much effort required, just Cadence ??

Hi Zimmerframe,

Sorry, I don't have any experience with eGenesis as the app isn't compatible with my 2019 Levo. So I use BLEvo instead. As a reference you could try the settings which I shared before in this post:
The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums
So long rides should be possible from my point of view with the right smart power settings either via eGenesis or BLEvo.

If possible, I would be interested to understand if these settings are helpfull to extend your range. Within BLEvo I know you can decrease or increase smart power setting (for example 230W to 200W in case you get too tired) via the + and - buttons shown on the display or via the optional remote control. You are not required to enter the smart power settings during the ride to change this value.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi Zimmerframe,

Sorry, I don't have any experience with eGenesis as the app isn't compatible with my 2019 Levo. So I use BLEvo instead. As a reference you could try the settings which I shared before in this post:
So long rides should be possible from my point of view with the right smart power settings either via eGenesis or BLEvo.

Thanks Maastricht, I'll give those a go. I only tried the base Blevo settings, not the "Expert" - but with some example settings it will be interesting to see how it performs ! :)

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
And, with Blevo and hrm monitor U decide how hard to work and the bike compensates for the rest.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
Anyone found the price for the adamo19? Does it also include speed limit removal or is the extra 90€ cable needed? Should the 2019 bikes be updated to the latest firmware to fix power etc or should they be kept at oldest firmware possible?

Augusto

Aug 14, 2018
Italy
Hi Zimmerframe,

If possible, I would be interested to understand if these settings are helpfull to extend your range. Within BLEvo I know you can decrease or increase smart power setting (for example 230W to 200W in case you get too tired) via the + and - buttons shown on the display or via the optional remote control. You are not required to enter the smart power settings during the ride to change this value.

In eGENESIS you can input the legs W (150 in the picture) and W/h (10 in the picture) to linearly subctrat in the time.
Example: 150 is 145 after 30 minutes and is 140 after 1 hour and is 135 after 1:30
If you want you can c
And, with Blevo and hrm monitor U decide how hard to work and the bike compensates for the rest.

In eGENESIS too...

Augusto

Aug 14, 2018
Italy
Anyone found the price for the adamo19? Does it also include speed limit removal or is the extra 90€ cable needed? Should the 2019 bikes be updated to the latest firmware to fix power etc or should they be kept at oldest firmware possible?

For price ask to: [email protected]

Adamo19 have the function speed limit and correct km and km/h in the Display.

Adamo replace the TCU and work with old or new firmware.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
What's your TCU version & year model?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Have I understood correctly, egenesis auto mode is like EMTB mode on a Bosch ?
I think the short answer is yes though egenesis is way more detailed. It can be simplified by just using default settings or by saving presets. I haven't tried the power mapping or hourly power increase features yet but some interesting possibilities.

Your question prompted me to go for a fang in Auto. This is my interpretation of EMTB mode

wepnmode.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles