Biketart Woes

Monkey Dog

Jun 4, 2020
Derbyshire
An update from me regarding my delivery.
Despatched on Friday with RM Tracked 24. Should've arrived Saturday.
Expected it to arrive today, but no.
Who the f$$k uses a delivery service that are strking 🤬
I've emailed Biketart earlier this evening & told them I'm not accepting this low level of service.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Parcel force majeure. My car is broken right now. The module that controls the radio, heater, locking, gauge lights, air con etc. is knackered. It's like driving about in Apollo 13. I've been waiting for RM to deliver the replacement since the 25th of November. I'm behind the posties, good luck to them, it's bigger picture stuff.

Last edited:

LeftItLancs

Apr 12, 2021
North UK
I have had two recent parcels delivered three, four days late and according to my postman parcels are actually a priority during the strikes, with a large backlog to get through and with Christmas rapidly approaching. The parcels were not urgent, although Christmas presents, and so it was no big deal because I bought early.

My postman also explained Royal Mail, after recently paying 600 million to shareholders, wants to rip up existing contracts and employ more staff on ZHC, or less pay. More unsociable hours and eventually staff on short term contracts will have to use their own vehicles etc, similar to Evri and other couriers. The new owners were always going to asset strip Royal Mail, streamlined to compete with cheaper competition, but as others have also said, I would rather pay ÂŁ1 more to Royal Mail than have Evri leave a parcel on my door step without even ringing the bell.

Freeforester

Nov 6, 2022
Grampian
No argument about the wrong doers in the scenario, and we can only sympathise with the guys who otherwise deliver, day in, day out. It’s just unfortunate timing of industrial action for some here, it seems.

Monkey Dog

Jun 4, 2020
Derbyshire
I know John & Jane (my posties).
I'm with them regarding their actions.
Like I've already said "who the f$$k uses a delivery service that are striking".

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I’ve had several problems with Evri this year and it drives me nuts.

The parcel is usually marked as “we’ve got it” and then nothing happens. I complain to the sender as soon as possible (usually a week after dispatch) and then it is mysteriously delivered the next day.
I assume they must prioritise who shouts the loudest unless it’s just a coincidence?!

The last parcel I ordered they claimed they tried to deliver it but there was no one in. That was total bs because it was my work address and I was there all day.

I really hate Evri and would gladly pay double the shipping costs to have it delivered by Royal Mail (when they decide to work) or any other courier company.
Evri use self employed local delivery drivers so experience greatly depends on the reliability of the local driver. We have a very chatty and friendly local delivery lady who delivers at all times of the day and night and leaves the parcel in a safe place if we are not home. She has also made friends with our 2 dogs who get very excited when she calls!!

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
Evri use self employed local delivery drivers so experience greatly depends on the reliability of the local driver. We have a very chatty and friendly local delivery lady who delivers at all times of the day and night and leaves the parcel in a safe place if we are not home. She has also made friends with our 2 dogs who get very excited when she calls!!
You need to keep a hold of her. Give her a nice generous Christmas tip!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I found your missing parcels....well the packaging anyway!!

Screenshot_20221208-135956_Samsung Internet.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Well that explains a lot!

I now have two missing parcels, shipped by CRC to Evri, acknowledged as received by Evri and then .........
After the third lot of chasing, CRC finally have told me that Evri has reported the parcel as lost (probably under a big pile in the corner of the warehouse, or out in the yard). The items I bought at a big discount are no longer in stock, so I can't just reorder. CRC will refund me but my opportunity to get good stuff cheap has gone. If I order anything from CRC in the next few weeks, there is a very good chance that give the reported chaos at Evri depots that it will go missing. I will wait until after Xmas for the New Year sales. My grandson is just going to have to wait to get his full-face helmet. But I will never see that Fohn fleece at 69% discount again. If I decide to stop buying from CRC, I will have to find out which delivery company the other suppliers of bike stuff use.

And my gloves are still missing (separate order).

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
After the third lot of chasing, CRC finally have told me that Evri has reported the parcel as lost (probably under a big pile in the corner of the warehouse, or out in the yard). The items I bought at a big discount are no longer in stock, so I can't just reorder. CRC will refund me but my opportunity to get good stuff cheap has gone. If I order anything from CRC in the next few weeks, there is a very good chance that give the reported chaos at Evri depots that it will go missing. I will wait until after Xmas for the New Year sales. My grandson is just going to have to wait to get his full-face helmet. But I will never see that Fohn fleece at 69% discount again. If I decide to stop buying from CRC, I will have to find out which delivery company the other suppliers of bike stuff use.

And my gloves are still missing (separate order).
I have recieved a number of Evri deliveries from CRC over the last week........all in about 3 days from order. The problem seems therefore not to be at the CRC warehouse/distribution centre wherever that is, but more locally for your area, presumably the EVRI distribution centre for your area. May be worth a visit if it is reasonably close?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have recieved a number of Evri deliveries from CRC over the last week........all in about 3 days from order. The problem seems therefore not to be at the CRC warehouse/distribution centre wherever that is, but more locally for your area, presumably the EVRI distribution centre for your area. May be worth a visit if it is reasonably close?
I never thought it was stuck at the CRC end because I got an email from Evri telling me they had got it. The following day they said that they had a problem and nothing since from Evri.
Actually, I have just checked the tracking data again and it was reported "out for delivery" on 24th Nov at 12:24. That is the latest information. So where the hell is it? It could be at the depot (which one), still in the delivery van, being enjoyed at someone else's house, or the separate items are being sold on eBay, who the hell knows? If it's chaos at Evri, then the employees / contractors / minimum-wage slaves could well be tempted to seize an opportunity.

If it's at their main hub near Barnsley then it's over an hour away (and Evri aren't saying). If the customer paying their bills can't get Evri to find the parcel how will me turning up without an appointment do any better? Has anyone ever done that?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I never thought it was stuck at the CRC end because I got an email from Evri telling me they had got it. The following day they said that they had a problem and nothing since from Evri.
Actually, I have just checked the tracking data again and it was reported "out for delivery" on 24th Nov at 12:24. That is the latest information. So where the hell is it? It could be at the depot (which one), still in the delivery van, being enjoyed at someone else's house, or the separate items are being sold on eBay, who the hell knows? If it's chaos at Evri, then the employees / contractors / minimum-wage slaves could well be tempted to seize an opportunity.

If it's at their main hub near Barnsley then it's over an hour away (and Evri aren't saying). If the customer paying their bills can't get Evri to find the parcel how will me turning up without an appointment do any better? Has anyone ever done that?
Pretty sure it is only marked "out for delivery" once it has been handed over to the delivery driver ......if so the possible problems from there are
the driver made off with the van load of parcels or it was robbed
they were delivered to the wrong address
they were returned to the depot ( 2 unsuccessful delivery attempts?)

The last one is what appears to be the case with DPD for example and I have gone to their depot to pick it up on one occasion in the past.

The drivers have to log on their handhelds when they deliver and the "we have a problem" message usually means that the delivery has missed the 2 hours time slot nominated for it..........van delayed, accident, breakdown etc.......could be the causes.....but then you usually get notified of a delivery time slot on the following day. If that did not happen, then something terminal occured and EVRI must know what that was. If you cannot contact anyone at Evri, they are presumably still delivering in your area.................maybe try intercepting whoever is delivering for EVRI in your area.........that driver may know what happened.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles