Bikecrush: new Evil Following

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I've had a V1 Following for 5 years, great bike. Just fun for where I ride (Surrey Hills).

I skipped the MB but the new version looks so sweet.

Help me here guys. It'snearly £6k for the XT build!!

s1600_2020_Evil_Following_Protein_Powder_XT_build_shown.jpg

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
MY wreckoning is in the mail. Ordered some Ohlins Dh38s for it at 180 which is only 4mm longer than lyric 170mms. Some ENVE m930 wheels too which is a 4 week wait :(

post up pics when you get yours going please. Are you going PUSH for the rear shock??

hey buddy enjoy your new bike.

I got injured since I started this thread so any purchase is now postponed to spring. I'll update for sure.

Yes I've decided to get the 11-6. I'm not getting any younger, now is the time!

Look forwards to seeing your Wrecker.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Yeah great bikes but crazy money too

they are, though I had my Following 5 years and still ride it a lot so it evens out over time. my kit gets used, none of it is coddled.

also I'm 54, 5 more years on a new bike takes me to nearly 60. if I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it I've come to the conclusion I should have what I fancy while I'm still in good shape to enjoy it.

I looked at a lot of other bikes while I've been injured, not much comes close to Evil for me (and I have local dealers which helps) except maybe the Nicolai Saturn.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
they are, though I had my Following 5 years and still ride it a lot so it evens out over time. my kit gets used, none of it is coddled.

also I'm 54, 5 more years on a new bike takes me to nearly 60. if I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it I've come to the conclusion I should have what I fancy while I'm still in good shape to enjoy it.

I looked at a lot of other bikes while I've been injured, not much comes close to Evil for me (and I have local dealers which helps) except maybe the Nicolai Saturn.

To be fair, you don't really get in to mountain biking until you retire. The best is yet to come.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
this is a 6 month injury minimum. it's possible I may not get full utility back though I think I'll get enough. it's OK, I knew this from the early days I'm at peace with it.

if only the Offering had a SWAT box!

anyway it'll be some time before I decide so plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.

in the meantime I'm really pleased I have the Levo for rehab. I'm just starting to imagine I may get a flat and gentle, very-assisted, ride soon. but impact and leg power will be a long way off, and I can't afford a fall.

looking forwards to Wrecker pics!

Ferd

Nov 30, 2020
CA
I have an FMB, an Offering V1, and the new Wrecker. Fuking brilliant bikes. Just have to keep on top of greasing the linkage bearing interfaces and loctite on the bolts. The lowest leverage progression of the 3 is like 24%. And they all pop like mad.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
@miPbiP
you recovered man? Hate to think youre missing the whole season!!

Hi thanks for checking in.

I'm back riding, yeah. I have a permanent limp, especially when tired etc, and the knee is quite vulnerable but I can live with it. I'm mid 50s so have plenty of good decades of fun behind me, would be much worse for a young'un.

I bought a 2nd hand Offering, for one reason or another I don't have it yet but should in the next 2 weeks, looking forwards to it.

I'd hoped to sell the Following to help with costs but my other half has bagged it. Damn!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles