Bike Trax for Bosch Gen 4 smart system

Ianatstanage

Aug 22, 2022
Sheffield
Hi
Has anyone self-fitted a Bike Trax GPS tracker to a Bosch Gen 4 smart system?
I'm having problems finding a Bosch approved dealer who can fit a Bike Trax for me.
I have tried two who booked my bike in, but then when they came to fit said that they had the wrong Bike Trax!
This has wasted a lot of my time & I don't have much confidence that a Bosch approved dealer actually knows what they are doing.
So, I'm thinking of doing it myself.
I've looked at a couple of videos and it doesn't look too complicated.
However, I would be keen to hear from someone who has done a DIY fitting.
Cheers,
Ian

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi
I'm having problems finding a Bosch approved dealer who can fit a Bike Trax for me.
I have tried two who booked my bike in, but then when they came to fit said that they had the wrong Bike Trax!
This has wasted a lot of my time & I don't have much confidence that a Bosch approved dealer actually knows what they are doing.
Cheers,
Ian
it appears there is a specific Bike Trax model for the Bosch Smart System so if you have that, fitting it should not be too hard. I wonder why however you do not wait a few weeks for Bosch Connect Module to be available since that is of course specific to the Bosch Smart System and fully integrates with the LED Remote and the Flow App.

Ianatstanage

Aug 22, 2022
Sheffield
I didn't know about the Bosch Connect Module, so many thanks for that.
It does appear to do a similar job to the Bike Trax.
I have seen it available in the EU for around 100 Euro, but not yet in the UK.
What I do find interesting, and somewhat annoying, is that the Bosch approved dealer has not mentioned the Connect Module.
I've had my eMTB for just a couple of months.
The bike is great, but the dealer experience has, in my opinion, been poor.
Having invested a lot of money in the bike I have been very disappointed with the customer service.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I didn't know about the Bosch Connect Module, so many thanks for that.
It does appear to do a similar job to the Bike Trax.
I have seen it available in the EU for around 100 Euro, but not yet in the UK.
What I do find interesting, and somewhat annoying, is that the Bosch approved dealer has not mentioned the Connect Module.
I've had my eMTB for just a couple of months.
The bike is great, but the dealer experience has, in my opinion, been poor.
Having invested a lot of money in the bike I have been very disappointed with the customer service.
I dont think it is released yet. Bike24 have it listed but not currently available. Bikester have no listing for it. you are more likely to get one when it is released from one those 2 ( I prefer Bikester who advertise in sterling inc of VAT so just add postage). The only UK site I previously found stocking Bosch Ebike spares is Ride Repair Cycles so might be worth keeping an eye on them as well. I think the release date for the Connect module was November.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Hi
Cheers,
Ian
You bought the wrong model.

Try to send it back and get one for the "smart" model,
or buy the "smart" acc cable and look for someone who can solder 2 wires together.

Installing is plug&place, any technician is capable of doing that.
Bosch service has to activate the acc port.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
I fitted one to mine before they announced the connect module. As above, you’ll need the high power port activated. I found some dealers weren’t even prepared to do that for me seeing as I was fitting a third party accessory. I found an independent guy who came to my house and did it all for £25.

It works ok, not entirely accurate. Be careful where you put it as metal and carbon can interrupt the signal. I’d also recommend the double battery if your bike is sat for weeks at a time.

I think eventually I’ll get the connect module and adapt the bike trax to go on my motorbike. Pretty sure it was released in September but couldn’t find one online last time I looked.

Last edited:

Alain78

Nov 2, 2020
France
I installed on my Radon render the PowUnity "BikeTrax special bosch on my gen 4 and no problem it works very well. You have to have the power port activated by a dealer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles