Bike Storage Rack

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Maxi I'd have a word with your insurer and let them know what you are planning. If you expect them to cough up after the shed is broken into and your bike knicked, then best they have some input.

PS: The bastard/scumbag/thief may just cut through your bike frame and take the wreck with him. The suspension, wheels, drivetrain, bar furniture, motor and battery are worth a bob or two.

Edit: I too live in a rural area, but the village has in recent years been visited three times by thieves driving in from "out of area", as the police call it. Each time they burgled five houses. Make sure that you have lights on, burglar alarm box on display and so forth. They only have to think that next door will be easier than yours and they will move on.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Hi,
You mentioned cams and I can recommend the Eufy system I have in use for two years now. Nevertheless its just a mental pill for you but no guarantee to identify a person breaking into your property. If the a..holes want your bike they will get it even with free running dogs on the yard.

Automatic lights by movement sensor is a good tip!

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
Nice system. I have heard that it is not good to store a bike inverted for any length of time. Not good for the suspension seals (can can cause leaks etc.)....anyone have an opinion on this? I'd like to store mine similarly, just don't want problems.
It's actually good for the seals. They can dry out from being up the right way and not being used for long periods of time. If they are leaking from hanging vertically, your seals are shot and would leak during normal operation.
Hanging upside down is a different story though, but not because of your suspension but because of your brakes. It can let any air bubbles travel into your brake callipers and degrade braking performance.

This is my garage. Still need a work bench and a bit more storage.
1710203575784.png

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
It's actually good for the seals. They can dry out from being up the right way and not being used for long periods of time. If they are leaking from hanging vertically, your seals are shot and would leak during normal operation.
Hanging upside down is a different story though, but not because of your suspension but because of your brakes. It can let any air bubbles travel into your brake callipers and degrade braking performance.

View attachment 136167
Must just be the way the photos taken but your bars look about 5 feet wide 😄

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC

View attachment 136167
Nice cave setup 👍🏻.

I’m seeing the same illusion on bar width …and the grips seem long also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles