Bike Stands

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
So what's everyone using, I'm not talking about workshop stands just general park my bike up stands and for cleaning.
It'd be great to see some pictures, I don't have one for my Merida e160 so I'd like to see what's out there.
Not being able to rotate the cranks and have the back wheel off the ground makes washing the drive train a pain. My non ebike has the one that has a spindle that goes through the bottom bracket but sadly it's too big to fit my ebike cranks.

Last edited:

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have a cheap eBay work stand for my old MTB but it can’t support the weight of my e-bike, so I made one using stuff I had lying around. Admittedly not everyone will have an engine stand and storm drain pipe, though! And it takes up a bit of space.
61E48E62-C144-4667-9F1D-A596795D02DE.jpeg

E14C5F41-AB88-4243-A5E3-05A40C9C4CF2.jpeg

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Plenty of threads on this topic...

Search results for query: bike stand

Personally I’m yet to see a stand that won’t work for an ebike (they are significantly over engineered for analogue bikes), though sometimes the jaw setups leave a little to be desired and need a spot of adaption.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Feed back scorpion stand works great. Easy to put your crank either side into it and the rear tire is off the ground. I carry it in the car with me to clean and lube my bike after rides.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Love the tire size on your bike! Go big or go home!!!

Kinda hard to tell for sure, are the tires on the ground with that stand? Can you rotate the cranks 360*?

Thanks.

Back wheel is off the ground so you can spin the back wheel and yes, the crank still turns as normal

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Plenty of threads on this topic...

Search results for query: bike stand

Personally I’m yet to see a stand that won’t work for an ebike (they are significantly over engineered for analogue bikes), though sometimes the jaw setups leave a little to be desired and need a spot of adaption.
I did a search but it didn’t return much but like it was pointed out to you in one of those threads by another poster I’m not really interested in workshop stands.

Also if things were only discussed once then the forums would soon run out of steam and there would be nothing to discuss. As ebikes are fairly new and new products are coming out all the time then it’s fair to revisit products and technologies.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I’ve got one of these, it had a quick release system so can easily be folded away and stored in the boot/back seats. I tend to only use it at home but it folds down nicely and sits out of the way in the shed. It takes a few seconds to pack/unpack.

Bike Tools Workstand | Merlin Cycles

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
its a neat idea but I wonder about the "twisting" force it is exerting with 20+ kgs hanging off it!!

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
its a neat idea but I wonder about the "twisting" force it is exerting with 20+ kgs hanging off it!!

No problem with my Commencal Meta Power, with the battery off! You can change the angle of the clamp to match the top tube angle so it sits comfortably.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I have one of these

1abc8210-e045-4f11-bd92-3aa303e7257a

it'll fit any of my bikes and I use it for everything from washing my bikes, to storing the one I'm currently using inside the house to basic maintenance which doesn't require my workshop stand. it folds flat so is really quick and easy to store when not in use.
I also have 3 wall mount brackets in the house for bikes I'm not using at the time (I generally ride more than one bike most days and tend to keep at least 4 indoors) my less used bikes are stored elsewhere.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles