Bike stand where to clamp

Hugh74

Jan 10, 2021
North Berwick
Hi just ordered a Jobsworth bike stand for my e140. Is it safe to clamp the top tube or seat post? Seat post might be a struggle to lift with one hand whilst trying to secure with the other.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Pull out the body of the dropper a bit and clamp on that. When you have done, push the dropper back in to where it was. Depending upon where your dropper is, you may not have to move it at all. My dropper body is normally all the way in so I have to pull it out. Do not clamp on the dropper shaft!

When you push the dropper body back in, make sure to pull on the cable at the other end to make sure that the cable emerging from the bottom of the dropper is not trapped (experience speaking there).

Hugh74

Jan 10, 2021
North Berwick
Pull out the body of the dropper a bit and clamp on that. When you have done, push the dropper back in to where it was. Depending upon where your dropper is, you may not have to move it at all. My dropper body is normally all the way in so I have to pull it out. Do not clamp on the dropper shaft!

When you push the dropper body back in, make sure to pull on the cable at the other end to make sure that the cable emerging from the bottom of the dropper is not trapped (experience speaking there).

great will try that. I think I’ve got enough room on the dropper body.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles