Bike cover for transporting bike

64Beekeeper

Nov 23, 2020
Lima East
Hi all, I live up in the bush in North east Victoria and will soon be transporting two Levo's on a rear towbar carrier along dusty rural roads. Any suggestions for a cover to keep the dust out of at least the drive train, or better still the whole bike?
On line I saw a Velosock, expensive but would it keep out the dust.

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
*uk based reply

have a look at rv/motorhome/camper bike covers, or could you get someone to sew up a shower curtain, light tarp /etc in a sort of envelope shape...

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
Hi all, I live up in the bush in North east Victoria and will soon be transporting two Levo's on a rear towbar carrier along dusty rural roads. Any suggestions for a cover to keep the dust out of at least the drive train, or better still the whole bike?
On line I saw a Velosock, expensive but would it keep out the dust.
Marlborough New Zealand. Saw a camper van with two mtbs on a rear carrier recently. Both had nice looking camouflage coloured bike covers on with the Brand name " Bike Parka" across the cover. Suggest you Google

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent

thanks! The urban is perfect with the lock through panel for racks ??

now trying to work out if the extra faff to stop the bike getting covered in shit to go ride in shit is worth it? ??

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
I emailed BIKE PARKA on their website, to ask if they were suitable for travelling 300 kilometres at speeds up to 100 kph. I've had no reply yet, 2 weeks later.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Truth is any bike cover with the ability to tie it up at the bottom properly secured will probably do the job, the key to it not flying off is going to be how good you are at tying it up!

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
Truth is any bike cover with the ability to tie it up at the bottom properly secured will probably do the job, the key to it not flying off is going to be how good you are at tying it up!
Good point. I am taking my bike up the North Island (NZ) on 15th, on a platform Volt Torpedo 7 towball carrier, which will take two e mtbs (minus batteries).
I have a NZ$14.99 motor bike cover from Torpedo 7 which should do the trick. Just to make sure, I have a Mitre 10 Z$9.99 trailer sized cargo net with tie-downs, which should make sure. If that don't work, my Giant Trance e-mtb +1 Pro can get covered with bugs and dust.

64Beekeeper

Nov 23, 2020
Lima East
That is a very well made cover! Expensive but would do the job for many years. I've carted around our 2 Levo's a fair bit now on bitumen and dirt / gravel roads without too much dust accumulating on the bikes. I run waxed chains on our bikes so that helps with dust not being attracted to oiled components. But for a serious outback trip a cover like the EziGrip E-rack would be ideal? Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles