Big software update coming for bosch smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbinman

Jan 24, 2023
Bath, UK
Can you share what the update does?
I really wish I knew! I have not found any information on what the difference between 4.*** and 5.*** there was a link on the flow app but I didn’t click on it as I did not want anything to cause problems with the update!

Last edited:

bobbinman

Jan 24, 2023
Bath, UK
This was taken from the connect module instructions.

For the ConnectModule to function, a functioning GPS and mobile connection are prerequisites.
The ConnectModule has motion sensors, a global navigation satellite system and mobile communications. This means the ConnectModule can identify suspicious movements of the eBike, determine the local position of the eBike and gener- ate a local alarm.
Positions and movement data are displayed to the owner of the eBike in the eBike Flow app.
The ConnectModule thereby also facilitates other services, such as <eBike Alarm>, which is provided for the end cus- tomer in the eBike Flow app. Additional information regard- ing the individual services of the eBike Flow app are provided in the app.
Costs may be incurred for use of these services. Details are displayed in the eBike Flow app.”

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
Hm. Have you been able to update it?
I have the Bosch Smart system so it is meant to update over the air .... no it wont update, I am still stuck on 4X

I was on chat to Bosch on Facebook chat, pointed out the website says 5X which they say yes that the current version. I then said well my smart system wont update and they never replied further.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
I have the Bosch Smart system so it is meant to update over the air .... no it wont update, I am still stuck on 4X

I was on chat to Bosch on Facebook chat, pointed out the website says 5X which they say yes that the current version. I then said well my smart system wont update and they never replied further.
There are now two Smart Sytems around and yours is perhaps not the one for 5.13:
Post in thread - Big software update coming for bosch smart?

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
There are now two Smart Sytems around and yours is perhaps not the one for 5.13:
Post in thread - Big software update coming for bosch smart?
2 Smart systems ? though they only had one, whats the other versions ?
Just got this reply from Bosch:

"thank you for your patience, we have been looking into your query. We can confirm that version 4.21.10 is the latest firmware update available for the Smart System. Our website has preempted a software version that will be available in Australia later this month."

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
My 2022 Trek Rail 9.8 has updated no problems.
Nothing major for me, but good to be able to adjust both EMTB and Tour + now.

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
Mine is saying latest update installed every time I try it, a friend‘s is the same.
Weird how they choose to slowly roll out updates, I wonder what the reason is. The update to 5.X for me came available immediately after the IOS app updated to a new version. Maybe thats the reason, they have to wait until Apple approves the app update for each country which then allows the V5.X bike update.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I notice the Flow app updated today. Have not connected to the bike yet though................if everything is working OK I tend to leave it alone!

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
iOS app updated today in USA and firmware update is now available!
the update didn't show up on the list in my phone but i searched flow app in the store and then i was able to update with no issue
then the bike updated as well , unlike last time
customizing emtb and tour+ is nice

bobbinman

Jan 24, 2023
Bath, UK
Had response from Bosch today, they haven't a clue!
I can see this being an uphill battle.
Did anyone know of it's possible to revert the firmware back to the previous one?
I am running 5.13.0 that I was able to update about 2 weeks ago, my flow app is 1.11.5 (82) all running on a Cube reaction pro 625 (2023 model) with a Bosch performance line CX motor. I went out for a ride yesterday and the milage matched my wife's non electric bikes statistics. The flow app is telling me there is an update, but I will hold off on that one! Based in the UK. Hope this helps.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
New update here in Germany for App and System. Assistance modes can now be selected by app.

iOS app: 1.18.6 (124)
LED Remote 10.12.3
Drive unit 9.13
Battery 10.8.2
Kiox300 10.10.0

Last edited:

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
New update here in Germany for App and System. Assistance modes can now be selected by app.

iOS app: 1.18.6 (124)
LED Remote 10.12.3
Drive unit 9.13
Battery 10.8.2
Kiox300 10.10.0
Not in Spain yet.

A few days ago I was told by Bosch that it was coming a FW upgrade that would bring Dual Battery back to Smartsystem, but it requires to be configured by ebike manufacturer.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
App came today and when connecting to the bike the updates for the system came as well. Did not find something yet on Bosch website, only in the iOS App Store.

This is what is supposed to be new, machine translation from german:

„After downloading the new version of the Ebike Flow App, update your Ebike with the smart system using the Ebike Flow app. In this way you can use all the functions and improvements that we have listed here. Please ensure that all components are attached to your Ebike before you update your eBike.

Kiox 300 and Kiox 500 - think dynamic like you.

With our new "Dynamic display" function, you automatically get the information that matches your current driving situation: If you are e.g. drive uphill, you see your performance, your cadence and the covered vertical meters.
You may be wondering: How does my Ebike know whether I am going uphill, downhill or on the level? Your Drive Unit recognizes the slope value, sends it to your display - and your Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 shows you everything independently.
In the settings of the Ebike Flow app under “My Ebike”> “Display configuration” you activate the dynamic display. To do this, you have to create them as a new screen. Before the journey, select the dynamic display on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 and the rest are practically automatically.

Whether belt, band or smartwatch: heart rate display in the smart system

From now on you can connect your heart rate meter via Bluetooth to your Ebike and thus track your heart rate on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500 while driving.
You use the Ebike Flow app to connect, this is how it works: Keep your chest strap ready, for example, go to the settings of the Ebike Flow app under "Mein Ebike"> "Ebike Pass"> "Components" and add your new device. Please note that the device must be in connection mode to be coupled. In addition, you have to actively add this new display to Kiox 300 or Kiox 500-via the "Display configuration" function under "My Ebike".

Uphill, downhill: Discover the height profile of your next trip

From now on you can also keep an eye on the height profile of your current trip on Kiox 300 or Kiox 500. As you navigate, your display will also show you which climbs and recovery phases are waiting for you.
The new screen “vertical meter” can be added in the Ebike Flow app via the "Display configuration" function under "Mein Ebike".
And don't forget: The connection between smartphone and eBike must always exist in order to be able to use the advantages of this function.

Favorite driving modes - put together what suits you.

With this update we give you the opportunity to put together your four favorite modes from all the driving modes available for your eBike - and to adapt them individually as usual. Instead of the economical ECO mode, you can use the auto mode, for example, which automatically adapts the support to the ambient conditions.
This new function can be found on the start screen or in the settings of the Ebike Flow app under "Individual driving modes".

Transform support into motivation. New advertisements for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500: "Use of driving modes" and "performance division"

Two new screens for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500 are now showing you how to travel on your current trip. Just choose while driving the corresponding driving mode and you are shown how your own performance is in relation to motor support to the percentage.
To see "performance distribution" on the display use the screen of the same name. Maybe that motivates you to achieve your fitness goal next time with less support from the electric motor.

Flexible navigate while driving: quick menu for Kiox 300 and Kiox 500

You can adjust goals by starting navigation to one of your last goals. You can also stop your active navigation. Keep the selection button of the LED remote, mini remote or the Purion 200 for more than a second - without taking your smartphone out of your pocket.“

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Latest update thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles