Review Bibury Multitool (Like Leatherman Wave)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Product Image:
bibury1.jpg

Product name: Bibury Multitool (Like Leatherman Wave)
Price paid: €45
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: There's obviously hundreds of normal bike multi tools out there. Some are basic, some are ingenious in the features they offer.

I wanted something with pliers to keep in a bag on rides, but which would still give me access to hex keys and torx.

I was going to buy another leatherman wave. This uses it's own slimline bits which actually work really well, or you can buy an adapter so you can use full size screw driver bits.

When I was looking I found the Bibury multitool. They do lots of different ones and like many of these things, many are sold under different brand names also. This one is VERY similar to a leatherman wave except it uses a full size bit driver. One other advantage is it's about 1/3 the price, so you won't cry as much when you lose it on the trails and the next person gets to enjoy your toy.

Bibury2.jpg

Pretty much everything is the same. The thumb pull for the saw is slightly harder to reach on the Bibury.

Bibury3.jpg

The Bibury is slightly deeper to accomodate the full size bit driver. The can/bottle opener also moves over to the other side.

Bibury4.jpg

The Bit Drives :

Bibury 6.jpg

The Leatherman bit sets. Zim's tip of the day, you can actually use these as tyre levers if you get caught short. The back side at the top is even shaped like a tyre lever. (not pictured).

Bibury7.jpg

Bibury5.png

Couldn't find this on Amazon UK, I suspect it's under a different name. Searching for the ASIN number doesn't find it as you normally do if you're trying to find the same product on different amazons.

In France :

Or Germany, where it's only €35 at the moment.

In the states I believe you can buy it from Walmart, as the Ozark Trail Multiforce.

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I wanted something with pliers to keep in a bag on rides, but which would still give me access to hex keys and torx.
This!
I was scrolling through the reviews and stopped here. I carry a Leatherman Micra on my rides now but this one kinda makes sense. I have used my “Micra” in the past for pulling out wood slivers, filing my fingernails and cutting cardboard into heart ❤️ shapes for Valentines Day emergencies. (My hopes of becoming an author for Hallmark greeting cards is over).
16AD463C-F4C8-4054-8A84-05ED08E5A6D8.jpeg

06EF1622-3EE3-4C2D-89A4-948419137604.jpeg

I need a multi-tool like a B/Bury.

Nebo1ss

Dec 21, 2021
London
It is on Amazon UK site.
I already have the Wave but never considered riding with it.

This is expensive for its size but i have one of these as well as a couple of other bike specific multi tools

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I too seem to have developed a fetish for multi-tools and have many Leatherman’s, Waves, Micras, Squirts, as well as Gerber’s and other knock off brands

Although Leatherman’s are expensive, the quality is outstanding. I still have the original one I bought over 25 yrs ago and with many uses over the years it’s still going as good as ever with zero maintenance

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I too seem to have developed a fetish for multi-tools and have many Leatherman’s, Waves, Micras, Squirts, as well as Gerber’s and other knock off brands

Although Leatherman’s are expensive, the quality is outstanding. I still have the original one I bought over 25 yrs ago and with many uses over the years it’s still going as good as ever with zero maintenance
Yup, my Micra has followed me around for 25+ years.Maybe longer. I bought two at the time and gave one as a gift to my trainer.

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
This one is my most used, I keep it in my car. Quite basic compared to others, but has everything I need really, pliers, knife, screwdrivers and bottle opener

This one is the Leatherman Kick, no idea if they’re still available, mines around 15?yrs old!

E17547CE-0E7B-4CCC-A9FD-43DC879EFAD4.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
It's worth mentioning that this is made in England. I started shopping around, hoping it was made in that country that is known for making śhìttÿ products in slave labor camps, so I would have an easy excuse for not buying one. Alas, I've found that Bilbury is in England. I still haven't bought one yet, but if I ever need another multitool, Bilbury will be considered.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
For what it's worth, I've taken to using a Leatherman Style PS - mainly for the pliers, but everything else is a plus. I was on top of Mt Wilson with a flat and spent close to an hour roughing up my fingers trying to remove a sticky tubeless valve nut so I could put in a tube. That was something I never want to repeat again.

It can't do half as much as a regular Leatherman or a Bibury, but it's small and light enough to be no big deal to carry in addition to your regular multitool, and it's just big enough to deal with tubeless valve nuts or cinching down zip ties stubs extra tight.
1646670171807.png
1646670192949.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles