Top Mid Drive Unit and Frames Suppliers for eMTB DIY Projects! (Including Our Expert-Sourced List)

Migli54

Jun 6, 2021
Swiss guy
Hello to all DIY electric bike enthusiasts!

As a team, we have spent a lot of time researching suppliers around the world to find the best options for creating your own DIY electric bike. We have already compiled a list of manufacturers that offer mid-drive systems, and according to our sources, some of these suppliers even offer systems that are compatible with Bafang M-series frames (ex truckrunmotor).

We would like to know if any of you have used mid-drive systems from these suppliers, and what your feedback is. Have you found any hidden gems in your search for the perfect DIY electric bike system?

Share your experiences and knowledge about the mid-drive systems you have tried, or the ones you have heard about. If you are interested in creating your own DIY electric bike, this discussion could provide valuable insights and recommendations from other community members.

We look forward to hearing from you!

PS: For those interested, we also have a list of carbon frame manufacturers in Asia that we gladly share with the community :)

Thank you for your help in sharing experiences. You can contact us via Instagram : panzer_ebike

MidDrive.png

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Most here on this forum are a tad reserved about DIY, much preferring fully built frames and motors of a known brand that can be pieced together. Outside of Tongshen and Bafang, few would have fitted other motors.

Check out this forum and ask the same question, you will get a far more wide use of some pretty unknown motors.

But please post your list of frame manufacturers, it would be helpful to source other brands.

Migli54

Jun 6, 2021
Swiss guy
Dear WayneMarlow,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your valuable advice. I am already familiar with the Endless Sphere forum and plan to ask my question there shortly. There are excellent manufacturers and DIY enthusiasts on this forum, and their expertise as well is invaluable.

Regarding frames, we indeed have hundreds of manufacturing contacts in stock. Most of them manufacture for other brands only trades, and many do not accept low order quantities (MOQ). However, I have compiled a significant portion of the addresses that do accept low quantities and highlighted them in yellow in the table below.

Among my favorites, Apro-Tek offers something interesting in eMTB 29". Cycleman is working on an aluminum eMTB frame for the Bafang M820 motor. Workswell also provides excellent products. Dengfu and LightCarbon are well-known by members of this forum, and their reputation speaks for itself.

If you have any feedback as an end user, I would be delighted to hear it and learn from your insights. Please feel free to share your impressions and advice!

Thank you again for your help, and I look forward to interacting with you on the forum.

I hope that this compilation of our many hours of research on the internet will be useful to you. Please let me know if you have any other address in mind

Best regards,

Panzer-bike

list_A.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles