Beware of Valentine Scam!

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I ordered my wife jewelry and they delivered bicycle parts!
Not as tragic as this story but when I returned from my daily ride yesterday (February 14) I never realized what day this was. I got a message greeting from my lovely daughter,”Happy Valentine's Day”.

PANIC 😱!!

I forgot to get my wife anything …and she’ll be returning home in a few hours. Hmmm 🤔. The greeting card store is 20 minutes away …but probably low in stock for the “perfect” card. I’ll print one. ☝️ (Man, I’m so smart).

I’ve got a decent Brother printer and found a medium sized envelope.

Almost two hours later, searching the web, numerous printouts, incorrect sizing, poor folding techniques, bad cropping efforts and one torn envelope …I was done ✅.

Not so fast…I still need to come up with some relevant text that relates to our relationship …oh man!…more panic 😱. Now I will never become an author for Halmark Greeting Cards, but I did the best I could …short n sweet …I can do this.

I scribbled my cleaver text on the inside of the folded card and added some kisses for some heart warming effect. Stuffed (barely) my creation into the envelope and carefully licked the sticky part closed. Just in time …she’s returned home.

Her arms were carrying my Valentine gifts. I had a home-made card for her. This might not go to good for me 🙏. I had some man-splaining to do during the exchange.

When she opened the card. She laughed, then cried, then embraced me while sobbing 😭.
image.jpg

“This is my best Valentines EVER” she cried.
👍🏻 I’m sure there’s moral to this story somewhere.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Not as tragic as this story but when I returned from my daily ride yesterday (February 14) I never realized what day this was. I got a message greeting from my lovely daughter,”Happy Valentine's Day”.

PANIC 😱!!

I forgot to get my wife anything …and she’ll be returning home in a few hours. Hmmm 🤔. The greeting card store is 20 minutes away …but probably low in stock for the “perfect” card. I’ll print one. ☝️ (Man, I’m so smart).

I’ve got a decent Brother printer and found a medium sized envelope.

Almost two hours later, searching the web, numerous printouts, incorrect sizing, poor folding techniques, bad cropping efforts and one torn envelope …I was done ✅.

Not so fast…I still need to come up with some relevant text that relates to our relationship …oh man!…more panic 😱. Now I will never become an author for Halmark Greeting Cards, but I did the best I could …short n sweet …I can do this.

I scribbled my cleaver text on the inside of the folded card and added some kisses for some heart warming effect. Stuffed (barely) my creation into the envelope and carefully licked the sticky part closed. Just in time …she’s returned home.

Her arms were carrying my Valentine gifts. I had a home-made card for her. This might not go to good for me 🙏. I had some man-splaining to do during the exchange.

When she opened the card. She laughed, then cried, then embraced me while sobbing 😭.
View attachment 134448

“This is my best Valentines EVER” she cried.
👍🏻 I’m sure there’s moral to this story somewhere.
That's because she could see that you spent the time to make something specially for her.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
What bike parts did you get, @Stihldog?
I’m glad you asked.
This gives me an opportunity to share and suggest some tips and techniques that can be used to fund this hobby.

Btw, I got some shorter cranks…and they’re carbon. 👍🏻

-Purchase a three year assortment of any holiday or anniversary greeting cards and store them somewhere safe. (I need to heed my own advice).
-Don’t be afraid to display your childish exuberance while researching for bike upgrades. Persistence is important here.
-Collect any LBS gift cards and keep them on standby …for the moment of truth.
-Open an offshore joint bank account. (Optional).
-Don’t leave receipts laying around.
-Fix and maintain anyone’s bike (collect gift cards if possible).
-Take her to her favourite restaurant.
…I’m sure there’s more ideas. 💡

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles