On Canyon:
eKMC in black: 450km
SRAM GX: 690km
Shimano Deore 6series: now at 850km still good

On Haibike:
KMC: 640 km
Shimano XT: 950km
Shimano Deore 6series: now at 750km still good

I have to say, I'm doing a lot of technical uphill and shift not always chain friendly :cool:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I left last one till well goosed Sram pc x1 I think . Must have got 1500miles out of it at least. I'm definitely better on wear now peddling a lot quicker and lighter gear choice so doing something right.

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
You guys are lucky. Try riding a recumbent. That's nearly three standard chains. I get about 2500km to 50% wear. I sometimes wonder if I should just run the chain until it's dead and change the cassette more often.

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Check out Home - Zero Friction Cycling for more information than you would ever care to know about chains and chain maintenance.

TLDR: SRAM Eagle are by far the longest lasting. YBN are very good chains and of course Shimano but they do not last as long. KMC should be avoided.

I run a hybrid drive chain like others mentioned with AXS shifting, XT/XTR 10-51 Cassette, Wolftooth HG+ Chainring, and Shimano XTR chain. Works flawlessly. I also, rotate in YBN and Eagle chains as I keep a rotation of clean, hot waxed chains topped off with Slica Super Secret sauce. Honestly, if you didn't know in advance what chain is on there..it's pretty hard to tell the difference. All 3 work pretty well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles