BESST tool PRO

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Guys, having a problem with using Beest. Its the first time I've used this Beest Tool and on this PC. It would seem that the Beest tool will not connect to the controller. I'm pretty sure that the controller is OK, its new ( I need to calibrate it ) and when connected to the Beest tool the controller LED will flash approx. every second.

The Beest tool is reading OK on the PC computer settings and is recognised when plugging in the USB cable. The tool however shows nothing other than the " Power" LED ( motor battery I'm presuming ) and the first LED up from the bottom, the "Test" LED.

At this point I have no idea whether its the Beest tool, the motor cable, or internal of the motor. Any ideas on how to start eliminating which device or cable is creating the problem. I'm using a dealer ID which is recognised by the Beest App.

Thanks.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
OK further info. It would seem its the BESST tool itself. The version I have is BESST.UC 3.0.3 BSF33.05. Should this work ?

I have tried to update the tool on line but neither BESST Pro or BESST will read the unit nor get into the Update section.

Another clue is that the tool powers on ( red light ) and then goes into " test " ( blue LED ).

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks.

salvaparraes

May 6, 2023
España
Hola, en la herramienta BESST Pro en la sección Ángulo de inicio, puedes ponerlo en 0, ¿qué opciones tienes indicadas y qué hace este valor?

Moderator Edit :

Hello, in the BESST Pro tool in the Start Angle section, you can set it to 0, what options are indicated and what does this value do?

Please post in English. It's an international forum and the standard language used is English so that everyone can understand and help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Csubi

Apr 3, 2024
Vancouver
ok maybe you are right. I didnt try 100 current on lvl1.Bu what i think is that they have set a limit on every lvl.For instance 10a on lvl1 12 on lvl 2 etc.
When you change the limit you get a percentage of the maximum set limit of the corresponding lvl.
If we say lvl 1 gets on 100% 10a you can set it to let say 50% and you will get 5a max
How can one tell, what each levels Amperage is set to?

Caio

Apr 24, 2021
Sao Paulo Brazil
Hi Guys,
I was able to update my M510 with new FC 2.0 controller using 10.1 firmware for 48v using BESST PRO following the instruction shared here, all went well, was able to fine tune support and assistance levels for 25km/h. (still have to test outside).
However, when changing the speed limit and saving it, i'm getting this message when updating the max speed, cannot increase over 25km/h into 32km/h ,

I'd like to set 45 - 60 km/h, Is it possible?

Any Ideias?

Tks
Caio
1713471107584.png

Last edited:

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Hi Guys,

i'm getting this message when updating the max speed, cannot increase over 25km/h into 32km/h ,

Any Ideias?

Tks
Caio
View attachment 138779
Your M510 with the controller 'MMG522C3619F802047.1' using Besst Pro can only be set to a maximum of 32kmh.
Screenshot_20240418_212753_Video Player.jpg

Whilst I'm aware that Besst Pro allows you to manually type in the speed limit, the values cannot exceed what's in the drop down menu👍🏿

Csubi

Apr 3, 2024
Vancouver
Your M510 with the controller 'MMG522C3619F802047.1' using Besst Pro can only be set to a maximum of 32kmh.
View attachment 138780
Whilst I'm aware that Besst Pro allows you to manually type in the speed limit, the values cannot exceed what's in the drop down menu👍🏿
I believe my CAN bus push button programming cable was able to change that on my display to 60km even though the drop down was less.

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia
Hi Guys,
I was able to update my M510 with new FC 2.0 controller using 10.1 firmware for 48v using BESST PRO following the instruction shared here, all went well, was able to fine tune support and assistance levels for 25km/h. (still have to test outside).
However, when changing the speed limit and saving it, i'm getting this message when updating the max speed, cannot increase over 25km/h into 32km/h ,

I'd like to set 45 - 60 km/h, Is it possible?

Any Ideias?

Tks
Caio
View attachment 138779
Set parameters in Besst Pro with 25 km/h limit and save. Then go to regular Besst and change the speed limit to desired amount, it works for me.

Caio

Apr 24, 2021
Sao Paulo Brazil
Set parameters in Besst Pro with 25 km/h limit and save. Then go to regular Besst and change the speed limit to desired amount, it works for me.
I guess DPC 245 is not compatible with old same BESST, seems to work only with BESST PRO,
When trying to connect, it cannot connect, doesn't seems to identify,

Or maybe i'm doing this wrong, only switching to the old display ??
or using cable Flash CAN Programe, i'll try this one once i get the cable.

1713553672249.png

Caio

Apr 24, 2021
Sao Paulo Brazil
I´ve just tested the bike outside, boost mode, full assist and full aceleration the bike is stupid fast, it seems the full motor potential has been unleashed. OMG

I never thought i would say something like that, but i need to tone down the motor a bit to make it safer, lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I´ve justed tested the bike outside, boost mode, full assist and full aceleration the bike is stupid fast, it seems the full motor potential has been unleashed. OMG

I never thought i would say something like that, but i need to tone down the motor a bit to make it safer, lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Alternatively after speaking with racers who use bafang m510 motors, they've explained that they have only modified level 1 and 2. I.e. level 2 gives maximum power and level 1 is the equivalent of a trail mode. Levels 3, 4 & 5 are set to 0 for everything, as they found that having 5 levels of assist unnecessary.

I might experiment with that, as I've never been a fan if having 5 levels of assist with Bafang displays and would settle for 2-3 levels of assist👍🏿

Csubi

Apr 3, 2024
Vancouver
Alternatively after speaking with racers who use bafang m510 motors, they've explained that they have only modified level 1 and 2. I.e. level 2 gives maximum power and level 1 is the equivalent of a trail mode. Levels 3, 4 & 5 are set to 0 for everything, as they found that having 5 levels of assist unnecessary.

I might experiment with that, as I've never been a fan if having 5 levels of assist with Bafang displays and would settle for 2-3 levels of assist👍🏿
Those are probably UHART motors that are easy to program. The CAN bus need firmware made by Bafang... That's why I'm looking for CAN bus firmwares for G510 / M620 30Amp

PitcairN

Aug 5, 2023
Slovakia
I guess DPC 245 is not compatible with old same BESST, seems to work only with BESST PRO,
When trying to connect, it cannot connect, doesn't seems to identify,

Or maybe i'm doing this wrong, only switching to the old display ??
or using cable Flash CAN Programe, i'll try this one once i get the cable.

View attachment 138850
Can motors such as M510 have speed limit setting in controller, not in HMI. UART based motors have speed settings in HMI.

Chris999

Apr 21, 2024
South Australia
Hi All

Recently bought a Rever Sport M510 based ebike. 48V based and came with the 10.1 firmware. I'm looking at reducing the assistance level as level 1 seems to be more like Tour mode in Bosch and I would prefer a true Eco mode. Reading the forum, I get the idea that Offline mode in Besst is very limited. What exactly is possible in Offline mode? I see conflicting comments about using python to get past login for Besst Pro. Can someone confirm that this actually works or do I really need a real login account. As you can probably guess I don't yet have the Besst hardware. Any thoughts on where to purchase this, I've seen Ali express but never used this myself.

Also, an oddball and I should probably post in another area, but the trip meter (dpc240) occasionally stops to log distance after a while (not every trip). The ride time is correct, and the speed and motor cutout all work as expected. The corresponding average speed for the ride it calculates is understandably very low. Anyone else experience this? Is the distance computed by the display or is this all done by the controller (effectively the display is like a dumb terminal)? The software of the display is listed as DPC240CI10202.3 if this helps.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

Caio

Apr 24, 2021
Sao Paulo Brazil
Hi All

Recently bought a Rever Sport M510 based ebike. 48V based and came with the 10.1 firmware. I'm looking at reducing the assistance level as level 1 seems to be more like Tour mode in Bosch and I would prefer a true Eco mode. Reading the forum, I get the idea that Offline mode in Besst is very limited. What exactly is possible in Offline mode? I see conflicting comments about using python to get past login for Besst Pro. Can someone confirm that this actually works or do I really need a real login account. As you can probably guess I don't yet have the Besst hardware. Any thoughts on where to purchase this, I've seen Ali express but never used this myself.

Also, an oddball and I should probably post in another area, but the trip meter (dpc240) occasionally stops to log distance after a while (not every trip). The ride time is correct, and the speed and motor cutout all work as expected. The corresponding average speed for the ride it calculates is understandably very low. Anyone else experience this? Is the distance computed by the display or is this all done by the controller (effectively the display is like a dumb terminal)? The software of the display is listed as DPC240CI10202.3 if this helps.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Chris
I did a calibration myself last week after changing the motor controller for the new FC 2.0, following the instructions listed in this discussion topic.
BESST PRO Offline does not provide the same tuneability as BESST PRO ONLINE, so you need to run loginpass.py script on Python to log into it, very easy process.
Refer to

Steps:
1o. Download Python3 ; Besst Pro Tool and loginpass.py script at GitHub
2o. Run Besst Pro and procedure described at login Bypass at Github, running loginpass.py script
3o. Plug BESST TOOL to HMI display and computer and read HMI and Motor for calibration.

I´m still playing w/ settings to find the best adjusment, support and accelaration levels need a lot try and error to find the sweetspot, however the granularity of the adjustment is very high, awesome tool to play with.

I bought my BESST hardware at Aliexpress with no issues.

I suggest going through the past posts so you can clarify any doubts in this process.

About the odometer / distance , try to check magnet , wheel size parameters.

Caio

Chris999

Apr 21, 2024
South Australia
I did a calibration myself last week after changing the motor controller for the new FC 2.0, following the instructions listed in this discussion topic.
BESST PRO Offline does not provide the same tuneability as BESST PRO ONLINE, so you need to run loginpass.py script on Python to log into it, very easy process.
Refer to

Steps:
1o. Download Python3 ; Besst Pro Tool and loginpass.py script at GitHub
2o. Run Besst Pro and procedure described at login Bypass at Github, running loginpass.py script
3o. Plug BESST TOOL to HMI display and computer and read HMI and Motor for calibration.

I´m still playing w/ settings to find the best adjusment, support and accelaration levels need a lot try and error to find the sweetspot, however the granularity of the adjustment is very high, awesome tool to play with.

I bought my BESST hardware at Aliexpress with no issues.

I suggest going through the past posts so you can clarify any doubts in this process.

About the odometer / distance , try to check magnet , wheel size parameters.

Caio
Hi Caio

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be ordering a Besst tool soon. I was trying to find a bike dealer that would initially do this for me, but none seemed interested and only appeared to deal mainly in Bosch. Seeing your comments, having your own unit looks the way to go as it looks like it takes a few goes to work out what the ideal settings will be.

Cheers
Chris

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles