Bay Area noob

Oct 22, 2020
California
I came from motorcycles but I've been mountain biking since 2007. My first full suspension bike was a 2007 Giant Reign 3.

I was happy with my Reign 3 for years and was a cycling purist. I didn't convert to 27.5 until 2017 when I bought a Trek Session 88 and converted the drivetrain to enduro. I only bought an e-mtb in 2019 because the bike that I originally ordered was delayed for 2 additional months.

I was super skeptical about e-mtb and didn't want to take a big financial loss on a e-mtb that I had to resell. So settled for something in between and ordered a mid-range, mid-priced e-mtb (2019 Motobecane Hal eBoost PRO).

Now I have 3 e-mtbs. I'm now riding daily on the weekdays, riding twice a day on the weekends, the distance I ride has quadrupled, I'm doing laps at my local loop trails, my riding skills has also improved tremendously since I can now session technical trails over and over and over again. Plus, I'm having 1,000 times more fun than ever before. I really don't see myself ever going back to naturally aspirated mountain bikes.

My e-mtbs:
2017 Trek Session 88 with enduro drivetrain and a custom built 52v TSDZ2 open source mid drive motor
2019 Motobecane Hal eBoost PRO
2019 Giant Talon 2 with a 52v TSDZ2 mid drive motor

Last edited:

BasicDude

Sep 15, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Welcome to the board! This has been a great place to get info on eMTB's and learn. Hope you have a good experience with being part of the EMTB forums.

Once you've ridden an eMTB, there is no going back...the genie is out of the bottle!

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i live in the city so my rides are not quite as scenic as people who live out in the east bay or wherever, that doesn't stop me though. I go out almost everday because it is too much fun. I like you avatar. I had a cattle dog for 17 years, she was a bit insane but what a dog. Now we have a pitty husky mix she is the best
IMG_3916.jpg
IMG_3916.jpg

Oct 22, 2020
California
@paquo she's super cute. Can I eat her face? jk

I'm not sure how big my avatar shows up for you but the Blue Heeler in the pic is the latest member of my family, his name is Reckless. The Pitty is Tazi.

Who's not in the avatar pic is Tazi's belated bother, Crash.
testingToday01.jpg

Crash was my OG mountain biking trail dog and OG snowboarding partner.
IMAG0433-1.jpg
IMAG0063.jpg

I can totally eat Tazi's and Crash's faces. Reckless on the other hand, not so much. The nipping that Reckless does is so innate in him that he can't control himself. Especially when it's adventure time. Anywho, Reckless is a very good boy but his energy level scares me. I've taken Reckless trail riding for 22 miles, played frisbee for an hour immediately after the 22 mile ride, and then took him skimboarding over in Davenport/Santa Cruz afterwards. All that in one day and he was cool but I was tired as hell.

These are old but here's Reckless trail riding with me:

Cheers.

Last edited:

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I came from motorcycles but I've been mountain biking since 2007. My first full suspension bike was a 2007 Giant Reign 3.

I was happy with my Reign 3 for years and was a cycling purist. I didn't convert to 27.5 until 2017 when I bought a Trek Session 88 and converted the drivetrain to enduro. I only bought an e-mtb in 2019 because the bike that I originally ordered was delayed for 2 additional months.

I was super skeptical about e-mtb and didn't want to take a big financial loss on a e-mtb that I had to resell. So settled for something in between and ordered a mid-range, mid-priced e-mtb (2019 Motobecane Hal eBoost PRO).

Now I have 3 e-mtbs. I'm now riding daily on the weekdays, riding twice a day on the weekends, the distance I ride has quadrupled, I'm doing laps at my local loop trails, my riding skills has also improved tremendously since I can now session technical trails over and over and over again. Plus, I'm having 1,000 times more fun than ever before. I really don't see myself ever going back to naturally aspirated mountain bikes.

My e-mtbs:
2017 Trek Session 88 with enduro drivetrain and a custom built 52v TSDZ2 open source mid drive motor
2019 Motobecane Hal eBoost PRO (2 forks (Push & Trust), Cane Creek DB coil, Cushcore, wireless...)
2019 Giant Talon 2 with a 52v TSDZ2 mid drive motor
I live in the East Bay, I try to ride everywhere. welcome.

Oct 22, 2020
California
@paquo dude, are you serious? She is beyond beautiful.

Gents @BasicDude @paquo @JetSedgwick we should meet some place half way like at Skeggs or Purisma and ride. Maybe you guys can teach me. I have problems taking corners above 36 mph on my e-mtb, I tend to go too wide. Like sweeping corners, I have no problem with. It's the bike/body separation above 36 mph I have issues overcoming.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
@paquo she's super cute. Can I eat her face? jk

I'm not sure how big my avatar shows up for you but the Blue Heeler in the pic is the latest member of my family, his name is Reckless. The Pitty is Tazi.

Who's not in the avatar pic is Tazi's belated bother, Crash.
View attachment 43125

Crash was my OG mountain biking trail dog and OG snowboarding partner.
View attachment 43126 View attachment 43127

I can totally eat Tazi's and Crash's faces. Reckless on the other hand, not so much. The nipping that Reckless does is so innate in him that he can't control himself. Especially when it's adventure time. Anywho, Reckless is a very good boy but his energy level scares me. I've taken Reckless trail riding for 22 miles, played frisbee for an hour immediately after the 22 mile ride, and then took him skimboarding over in Davenport/Santa Cruz afterwards. All that in one day and he was cool but I was tired as hell.

These are old but here's Reckless trail riding with me:

Cheers.
1603917726074.png

And they even laugh at your jokes!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles