Battery won't charge...

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
Yesterday I decided to top off my Turbo Levo Alloy so I could go ride some trails. I plugged in the charger and then went about my business.

I came back an hour later and... no change. I looked at the little bar-graph of LEDs down by the plug and they weren't lit. Hmm. I fiddled with the plug quite a bit, made sure everything was clean, unplugged/replugged in the charger (to the wall outlet), etc. Nothing. The charger has a green light on it, but no bar-graph lights, and it doesn't charge the bike battery.

I have a call into the LBS about getting it looked at but they haven't gotten back to me; figured I'd post here and see if anybody else has seen this and maybe there's a quick fix?

Thanks.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
going by what you describe the charger is receiving power from the mains but is making no contact with the battery charging port. The most likely culprit is the rosenberger plug on the charger..................you say you have cleaned it but did you check that the pins on the battery port are not stuck...............they are spring loaded and if they stick, they will not make contact.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles