Battery Percentage on Garmin!

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Hi

Not seen this mentioned before but I was getting a bit frustrated by the 5 bar battery display so had a play with my Garmin edge 1000 and you can pair the steps system to allow the garmin to display battery percentage. Make sure your bike is on. Go to settings and sensors and pick discover sensors or something similar (doing it from memory as I do not have my Garmin to hand) It will find the steps and list it as a Di2 sensor. Start an activity and long press on a field in your display. You can then pick what the field shows. Choose gears and then Di2 battery level. You will see the level of your battery! Just done a ride and it showed as 62% remaining, which ties into the shinmano display showing one bar used (it would drop to 2 used at 60%)

Hope this helps some folk

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
There is an E7000 connector coming out soon for wireless connectivity which might allow it without Di2, but not sure yet as haven't found a manual for it.

Edit: serial number for the connector is EW-EN100

Last edited:

HB129

Oct 12, 2018
Chile
Do you know if it works with bikes witout Di2?
just tried this on my bike with Di2, worked like a charm.

It uses the Di2 channel in my garmin Edge 810. It needs to detect a Di2 system to work.

It is really a workaround, as the Di2 battery in a Steps Di2 equipped bike happens to be the same main battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles