Battery life

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Had a bit of a shock yesterday when my battery ran out suddenly , before the ride I played with the custom settings and set boost to high just to see what it was like .
The battery already had one bar gone from a previous ride when I did this . I set of for short ride riding mainly in eco when I could , although I tried boost for a short spell . Battery dropped back to 2 bars after an hour but told me I still had 14 miles in trail mode . I did 2 steep climbs and about 4 miles after that then headed for home still showing 2 bars . On the last climb 2 miles from home I though I would try boost as I still had 2 bars , well it is certainly faster in high boost but after about 25 yds the battery suddenly beeped red warning 1 mile left and re set to eco only . Is this normal or does it normally drop off slower to one bar
Think I’ll reset the app back to standard

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Tried it again yesterday , it was cold and snowing but had the same problem. Battery dropped to 2 bars range was showing at 13 miles in trail mode , did a short sharp climb and suddenly it dropped into red warning mode , still got me up the climb and home in eco though . But I had done less then 20 miles all in trail or eco I noticed when I got home the battery was showing 2 bars again after a warm up in the van , so hopefully it’s a cold weather problem . Any experiences similar to this .

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
When you plug it in does it have indicator lights on the side that flash up while charging?
My Bosch does and what I noticed.. on the bike display it would show two bars remaining (for the last few miles), get to work and plug it in and 3 constant bars and two flashing (the charging bars).

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My Bosch only flashes one segment at a time.

Battery consumption seems to me to be very non-linear.

Bear in mind that range remaining is dependent on the type of riding you are currently doing/did last ride.

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
Yes, my mistake, one segment at a time.. but still whilst on charge it always seems to show one bar more (solid) than that of the display.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Sounds like they all behave in a similar way , went for a ride again today in the snow with my daughter , riding with someone on a normal bike makes you realise how much work the battery is doing

Last edited:

PeteIOM

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2018
Isle of Man
Yeah, I took my other bike out over the weekend... that was a shocker at the first incline.

I cycled to work this morning.. -2 degrees... Battery showed the same bars as previous ride at 6 degrees and only slightly less miles remaining :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles