Battery keys

Burner

Subscriber
Sep 18, 2022
Manchester
Hi all
I’ve lost the keys to the battery on my bike, Scott E ride, where do I get a replacement from,
yes I know idiot!!!

Thanks😁

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Do you have a key ID anywhere on your purchase documents? If not then I'd suggest emailing Scott with your bike serial number and proof of purchase and request a key ID. I had spare keys (Abus) cut for our Trek Rails using the key IDs that came with them.

PS your local Timpson bloke might be able to pick the lock.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi all
I’ve lost the keys to the battery on my bike, Scott E ride, where do I get a replacement from,
yes I know idiot!!!

Thanks😁
I did this on the Focus bike in my recent youtube video. I managed to remove the lock mech from the downtube - it was screwed in on the underside. Once I'd removed this lock mech I ordered another mech / key - around £19 from Amazon. I assume yours is also Bosch?

Also...

79vhws.jpg

Burner

Subscriber
Sep 18, 2022
Manchester
I’ll check the paperwork I got with bike for a code, failing that get lock picked.

Thanks lads👍

Burner

Subscriber
Sep 18, 2022
Manchester
So I rung the bike shop, they said as I’ve not got the key code there is nothing they can do, so I’m I right in thinking that if I remove these two screws I can move the lock enough release the battery and take the lock out?
Thanks
48C70A57-65A9-4347-B174-DAF650B9931A.jpeg

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
So I rung the bike shop, they said as I’ve not got the key code there is nothing they can do, so I’m I right in thinking that if I remove these two screws I can move the lock enough release the battery and take the lock out?
Thanks View attachment 106141
It would do exactly that on my mondraker. Try it, not exactly got many options left other than paying for someone to pick it

Burner

Subscriber
Sep 18, 2022
Manchester
It worked!!!
Battery and lock out 😁

Rob, is the lock you said above^^^, the right size for my 2021 Bosch with the cx 4 motor, it does look the same!
Thanks fran

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Looks the same - worst case, you've lost £19 and got a spare lock.

So secure these battery locks - a lock picker cant pick it (apparantly) but 2 allen bolts can remove it in 2 minutes 😂

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
On my Haibike theres no external bolts at all. And the lock barrel is made by ABUS so its not a 'regular' key design either. At least this thread has reminded me to write down my bloody serial number!

Burner

Subscriber
Sep 18, 2022
Manchester
Yes definitely write the number down.
The worst thing is the two keys had the tag with the code on it. I never really took notice of it , I didn’t split the keys like I do with all my cars and motorcycles, I just didn’t think to do it as the bike was always charged at home.

The keys have just vanished of the face of the earth!
Always learn from other peoples mistakes lads 😂😁🤷‍♂️👍

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
Yes definitely write the number down.
The worst thing is the two keys had the tag with the code on it. I never really took notice of it , I didn’t split the keys like I do with all my cars and motorcycles, I just didn’t think to do it as the bike was always charged at home.

The keys have just vanished of the face of the earth!
Always learn from other peoples mistakes lads 😂😁🤷‍♂️👍
They will turn up after your new lock arrives

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
They will turn up after your new lock arrives
We have a special place in our house which is called "The Safe Place". Many times we put something there we can rarely find it again so it's definitely safe. But every once and a while "The Safe Place" humours us and something magically appears, usually just after we've bought another one. :rolleyes:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles