Battery holder maintenance - Eone 160 -2020

TOM_EMTB

Oct 21, 2021
ISRAEL
Hello everyone,
I would like to share with you a maintenance issue I recently faced on my bike
I hope this information will help those people who have encountered a similar problem.

My bike model is Eone 160 - 2020
I have ridden them so far for about 2200 km.
Recently, the E010 code began to appear on the control screen

I understood from reading in the various forums that this is usually a problem with the battery holder,
And I really noticed that the bottom battery holder is completely loos, In addition, while testing, I tried to open the battery with the upper Allen screw and I probably broke something because the screw turned on empty.

Well, now I have 2 problems, a stuck battery and a loose battery holder : (

First of all, I used a post by one of the forum members "How to remove a stuck battery with an IKEA fork.
After removing the battery I started to open the bottom battery holder.
To secure the bracket it is necessary to tighten the pair of main screws that attach the bracket to the chassis.

כככככ.JPG

Requires extra care as the screws are very fine and can easily wear out.
One of the number 6 screws was worn and I had to pull it out with a hammer and a screwdriver, a very difficult.
Finally, I will mention that it is necessary to loosen the number 6 screws in order to strengthen the bracket with the help of number 9 screws.

After loosening the screws the bracket does not move and only the original rubber bracket gives a kind of small movement.

The second stage is the top battery bracket

1234.JPG

To understand why when I turn the battery release screw it keeps spinning on empty I decided to first disassemble the top battery bracket,
To disassemble the bracket, loosen screws 3-3 and 4-4.

To my surprise I discovered that there is a missing screw which closes the screw axis so the screw continues to rotate without releasing the battery

גגגךך.JPG

I found a matching screw exactly in the rear shifter of an old Shimano XT I had, one of the screws that hold the clutch cover

8d19e074-6ab4-4288-b381-d0a6883d62d2.jpg

Then I put everything back in place, the fault code did not come back after 220 km of off-road riding and the battery comes in and out easily.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles