Battery help needed

C-J-79

Oct 19, 2021
Perth Australia
I'm a bit clueless with batteries so hopefully someone can help. I'm doing up my panelvan to do some camping trips with the e-bike. I'm looking at installing a second battery in the van to power basic LED lights in the van but would also like to be able to charge my e-bike battery if possible. Problem is all the car batteries I see are in amps and my ebike battery is a Bosch 625w. Can anyone tell me what size car battery I'd need in amps to be able to charge my ebike battery?

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
You would need a leisure battery and inverter or get EHU- electric hook up system installed so you can plug into electric bollard on campsite which would keep your battery charged up. EHU is best ecause it would keep the leisure battery topped up while driving also so if you never went to a campsite you could still charge bike battery of inverter. Go to a caravan or motorhome workshop they will be able to help with advice and fitting. (y)

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
Try using an online converter to calculate what size battery you'd need, the bigger the better I would imagine
Or you could buy a power station with built in invertor
If say you bought a 1500wh you should be able to get 2 charges from it
I've just ordered a Jackery 1000 portable power station which I'm looking forward to trying out

C-J-79

Oct 19, 2021
Perth Australia
There's online convertors? Thanks I didn't know that. I won't be in campsites and plan on staying in the bush. Weighing up options of going second battry in the van with an invertor or just getting a second battery for the ebike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles